Apeks Atx50 Ds4 + Atx40??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear ScubaBoard,

As a new diver I seek your advice and guidance. Many posts on this board recommend the APEKS ATX50 DS4 + ATX40 as the all round top performer in its class.

I am a recreational diver living in Singapore and never plan to go technical or deeper than 40 meters max. I plan to dive mostly in the oceans around asia and the pacific. Water temp is from 19 celcius to 32 celcius (Warm!!).

A must for me is reliability, simplicity and ease of breathing - (diver adjustments).

Is this a good choice?

Thanks

SimonC

If you like the idea of easy breathing and reliability, you can't go wrong with that setup. If you want to save a little you can swap the ATX40 octo for an AT20. the only difference being that it does not have the cold water heat sink. Unnecessary where you are, yet the same performance. You would like this setup though. sealed so the salt won't eat it and adjustable second stage. That is the exact same setup I dive.

Is the older TX50 with TX40 octopus just as good??

Thanks

SimonC

simonc:
Is the older TX50 with TX40 octopus just as good??

Thanks

SimonC
the older one second TX stages are bigger i don't know how new the enviromnet seal is if they have it or not. The atx50 is excellent adjustabel cracking resistance for smooth breathing at depth and a little smaller lighter than the older ones

I recently saw a near new (<10 dives) APEKS TX50 and TX40 combo including a Suunto Cobra hosed computer with software and cables for sale = $600 US.

I was initally thinking a new ATX50 DS4 + ATX40 for ~$450 US

Any thoughts?

Thanks SimonC

simonc:
I recently saw a near new (<10 dives) APEKS TX50 and TX40 combo including a Suunto Cobra hosed computer with software and cables for sale = $600 US.

I was initally thinking a new ATX50 DS4 + ATX40 for ~$450 US

Any thoughts?

Thanks SimonC

I have a TX50 DS4 and I have no problems with it, I believe these are the same as the ATX models just slightly bigger, the guts are all the same style. But cheaper

seavonj:
I have a TX50 DS4 and I have no problems with it, I believe these are the same as the ATX models just slightly bigger, the guts are all the same style. But cheaper
Yep, the TX series are slightly larger & heavier than the ATX series. Other than that, they use the same parts kit for rebuilds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom