Apeks ATX/TX faceplates on HOGs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Looks like they fit...any idea where I can get an ATX50 faceplate or 2?

ATX and TX faceplates are of different size. Which one you want?

i am thinking the ATX50

Looks like they fit...any idea where I can get an ATX50 faceplate or 2?

You have listed two different models of Apeks the TX is larger than the ATX. Have you actually tried any of these? You need to be careful of purge button clearance I have not compared side by side so am unsure about this. Any Apeks dealer will be able to order for you. If you have no joy PM me. Good luck.

You have listed two different models of Apeks the TX is larger than the ATX. Have you actually tried any of these? You need to be careful of purge button clearance I have not compared side by side so am unsure about this. Any Apeks dealer will be able to order for you. If you have no joy PM me. Good luck.

i was just judging based on pics i have seen...it seems the ATX may be more alike than the TX but i have no one locally that has either so i can't verify it. just a cosmetic thing for me so if it doesn't pan out, no big deal but thank you for the help.

Definitely try 1st hand before you buy, the face plates are not cheap. If you can actually try then it's worth a shot if that's what you want but I reckon it's bit of a gamble based on pics alone. I know there are some people on this board who own both hopefully one of them will spot this and chime in. Good luck.

---------- Post added ----------

To add, the TX is very large, the ATX a little smaller and the XTX smaller still.

may I ask why?

"i was just judging based on pics i have seen...it seems the ATX may be more alike than the TX but i have no one locally that has either so i can't verify it. just a cosmetic thing for me so if it doesn't pan out, no big deal but thank you for the help."

Definitely try 1st hand before you buy, the face plates are not cheap. If you can actually try then it's worth a shot if that's what you want but I reckon it's bit of a gamble based on pics alone. I know there are some people on this board who own both hopefully one of them will spot this and chime in. Good luck.

---------- Post added ----------

To add, the TX is very large, the ATX a little smaller and the XTX smaller still.

that may be the kicker right there...the D2 is about the same size as my XTX20s. probably just better to leave well enough alone....

ATX and XTX faceplate are same size. TX is bigger. I have APeks and HOG and I played around last night swapping the faceplates. The ATX/XTX plate fits the HOG but it will leave a gap where the face plate and the housing meet. I didn't use the tool to screw it tight just fingers to avoid damage. Just for this I will not use the Apeks plate on HOG because it didn't look right. Not to mention the purge button is pressing tight on the H-lever. You maybe able to adjust it to align with the new height but if your reason is for look, I wouldn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom