apeks and zeagle service kit compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacek

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
does anyone know if certain zeagle service kits are compatible with the apeks service kits? one zeagle kit (can't recall the part number) seems to be completelly the same as the apeks 2nd stage AP0219. on the other hand one zeagle 1st stage kit is almost the same as the apeks ap0241 with the small exception that the HP valve (apeks part ap1410) has a slightly different shape, but the length and width is exactly the same.. zeagle used to distribute apeks in the past in the US.. :06:

The second stage kits are the exact same.
the first stage kits like you said are different in the HP seat. Zeagle uses a cone style versus the Apeks traditional one. Other than that you are good.
It would really bugger your warranty though.
And keep an eye out for any other minute differences.

rescuediver009:
This is still true? I know it's basically just a bunch of O-rings that are hardly proprietary, but Zeagle hasn't used the Apeks-built regs for a couple of years now. I'd be surprised if the kits were still compatible.

RichLockyer:
This is still true? I know it's basically just a bunch of O-rings that are hardly proprietary, but Zeagle hasn't used the Apeks-built regs for a couple of years now. I'd be surprised if the kits were still compatible.

depends on...
There are older Apeks Zeagle like ZX-50D and newer Zeagle Zeagle like Flathead XP

The Zeagle second stage kits are not the same as the Apeks. The LP seats will not hold in the stem of the spring assembly. The older Zeagle kits for the older Zeagle regs are the exact same as the older Zeagles are in fact Apeks regs. The first stage has no compatability

rescuediver009:

does zeagle also use EPDM o-rings on the older kits?

the seats may be a little different on the second stage kits but otherwise they are the same. And the first stages are the same parts with the exception of the filter and the HP seat. I know that they are up to 40% compatable and somewhere along the line there will be a nitrox kit for them. The zeagle models the same characteristics as the older TX series of the Apeks. Yes the Zeagle are more expensive just like their regs, but you should have to pay for either brand as they are covered by the warranty.

So, let me get this straight. Other than basically the commercially available standard-size o-rings they're the same kits. The critical, unique, model- and manufacturer-specific parts are not compatible. Given that, I guess McMaster Carr also sells kits..... Maybe Home Depot....

rescuediver009:
the seats may be a little different on the second stage kits but otherwise they are the same. And the first stages are the same parts with the exception of the filter and the HP seat. I know that they are up to 40% compatable and somewhere along the line there will be a nitrox kit for them. The zeagle models the same characteristics as the older TX series of the Apeks. Yes the Zeagle are more expensive just like their regs, but you should have to pay for either brand as they are covered by the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom