AP Evolution CCR, ready to dive with many spares/tools and bailout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Selling my AP Evolution. I bought it used one year ago, have made extensive mods to put it into an AP Tek travel frame, with braided hoses, Golem Shrimp BOV, bailout plumbing, etc. Have many spares and tools. Have only used it 5 times in one year, in a pool and in fresh water. My circumstances do not allow me to focus on it, or to do the deep/long dives that it is perfect for. Time to sell it and move on.:(

It is fully kitted out, ready to dive, with spares. It is an AP Evolution, so is nearly bulletproof. Attached document lists all the pieces; https://www.flickr.com/photos/93892945@N05/sets/72157646363385072/ is pictures of pretty much everything, with the pictures keyed to the attached list.
Used value of total kit is over $7000; my investment is considerably larger than that! I’m asking $6000.

I’d like to sell it as a total kit, and of course would prefer not to have to ship it, but will if necessary. Any shipping is at the buyer’s expense.
Unit is located in Washington DC area; can easily deliver to north Florida at the end of August. Will negotiate delivery elsewhere on the east coast.
Please do not ask me about pieces of the full kit; I’m not ready to break it up, because it is a fabulous, integrated, ready-to-dive system for someone.

Attachments

• AP Diving Evolution-sale.pdf
    47.8 KB · Views: 132
Additional info: both the counterlungs and the harness are size M.

Bump. $5500 without the bailout bottle/reg.

Sorry unfortunately I'm not interested in the Evo since I have a Prism 2 but I had a question for you regarding your Sea Cure mouthpiece. What size did you use? I used a Type 4 (I believe) on my Prism and I couldn't get a good seal on it. Did you have a problem with this on your Evo? If so how did you solve it? Thanks!

I used the type 4, so problems. Loved it, in fact. There is a lot of buzz about increased WOB, but not that I noticed.
Note that the mouthpiece was fitted to me at DEMA by Mr Seacure, so the fit may have been better than normal!

---------- Post added September 5th, 2014 at 05:50 PM ----------

I'd still prefer to sell as a fully working, complete unit, rather than breaking it up into pieces.
So, make me an offer on the whole thing!
Overseas shipping possible, but of course expensive. Without tanks and sorb it's probably $600.

Sold. Delivered. Thanks all for you interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom