AOW - first deep dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love to dive deep, which actually started on my very first OW dive. The dive cons weren't too careful with our depths and so my first dive was to 63 feet. I now have 154 dives, of which about 25 percent are below 100 feet. I've exceeded 130 feet about 12 times now, with the maximum going to 160 feet. I only do those deepest dives with my boyfriend (master instructor) and we do multilevel, of course. There's just something special about being deep and realizing just how far down you are.

Finally! :cheers:
I did my deep dive (31 metres) with no issues.
I did do my timed activity 45 seconds longer than it took on land, but I had trouble with it on land anyway. :p
Thanks for all your encouragement. :)

:clapping:

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

Yes, unfortunately both the deep dive and buoyancy are both mandatory to gain my open Advanced water cert. (I got to choose the other 3 specialties myself)

Your profile doesn't state which training agency, but I am guessing from the wording on your profile it is PADI. If that is the case, then it wasn't a requirement to hit 30m (deep is considered between 18m - 30m), and the mandatory dives for AOW and Deep & Navigation, not buoyancy

the mandatory dives for AOW and Deep & Navigation, not buoyancy

It has been my experience (I socialize with the owner & some of the instructors/DMs at my LDS) that unless the whole AOW class has specific requests on the other specialty dives, bouyancy is usually chosen by the instructor as one of them. So the shop may have presented it as mandatory, and for most divers it should be.

Your profile doesn't state which training agency, but I am guessing from the wording on your profile it is PADI. If that is the case, then it wasn't a requirement to hit 30m (deep is considered between 18m - 30m), and the mandatory dives for AOW and Deep & Navigation, not buoyancy

Yes, it was PADI. I can't answer your statement as I was told I had to do a deep dive and buoyancy as mandatory and choose the last three myself. Whether it's normal requirement for PADI or chosen by the centre; either way I'm glad I've done them and went down as far as I did because at least now I know what it feels like and not do be so damned nervous about it.

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:04 PM ----------

It has been my experience (I socialize with the owner & some of the instructors/DMs at my LDS) that unless the whole AOW class has specific requests on the other specialty dives, bouyancy is usually chosen by the instructor as one of them. So the shop may have presented it as mandatory, and for most divers it should be.

I was the whole class. :D

When I took it, the deep and navigation dives were mandatory with PADI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom