AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

turandot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good news for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III users.... AOI UH-EM5III will be released shortly.

These are the possible specifications:

- Port system: OM-D Mount ( extended to the Olympus OM-D system)
- Depth Rating: 60M / 157FT.
- Housing Body: Polycarbonate
- Vacuum valve is built in with USB-C charging.
- Double-layer Oring protection.
- There is no built in flash trigger. It’ll be a separate purchase. ( AOI STR-003 flash trigger ?? )

The housing AOI UH-EM5III have the same OM-D Mount that Olympus Housing PT-EP08/11/14 series.

For M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens Backscatter recommended AOI DLP-07 / 08 (8 inch) without extension ring setup for best image corner sharpness and AOI DLP-01 / 02 (4 inch) + AOI 22mm Extension Ring when smallest travel size is primary requirement.

I have read the AOI Ports Chart and it's also possible to mount AOI DLP-05 / 06 (4 inch) + AOI 22mm Extension Ring for M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens.

I think the INON Dome Port EP02 for Olympus OMD may be a good choice for wide-angle with 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO.

Surprise! Surprise! It's official!! It is now available for pre-order through a AOI local distributor/dealer

We have the first official image!

AOI_EM5_III_13.jpg

Specifications update:

- Two colors: Black or Blue Camu
- Port system: OM-D Mount ( extended to the Olympus OM-D system)
- Depth Rating: 60M / 200FT.
- Housing Body: Polycarbonate.
- Battery for vacuum and humidity detector: Built-in lithium battery (3.7V) with USB-C charging.
- Charger: USB Charger DC 5V, 0.5A (not included). About. 1 hour of charge for approximately 100 hours of use.
- Double-layer Oring protection.
- There is no built in flash trigger. It’ll be a separate purchase. ( AOI STR-003 flash trigger ?? )
- Dimensions: Approx. 206.20mm (W) x 181.70mm (H) x 113.55mm (D)
- Weight: About. 1340g (LCD lens hood and lanyard included, camera and accessories not included for the calculation of this weight)

Turandot: Any idea of the advantages of this housing over other ones? I have always used Olympus due to the cost and reliability of them.

Turandot: Any idea of the advantages of this housing over other ones? I have always used Olympus due to the cost and reliability of them.
There is no Olympus underwater housing for the EM5 Mark III model. AOI is the manufacturer of Olympus housings. Advantage over others? The price, more cheaper than aluminum housings. Includes humidity alarm and vacuum valve.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom