Anyone wanna dive the vortex in fl or Ft pickens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lockdownx99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
im here in ms and im trying to get a dive together. maybe we could charter a boat off of pensacola or destin or maybe just meet up at the vortex in ponce de leon FL. just putting it out there incase anyone is interested. thanks.

Dr. Dive runs a good boat. Of course, Ft. Pickens is always a nice spot but if you are driving you might as well do both (as Pickens isn't going to cost you but a few bucks to get in)

Dr. Dive, what's the water temp like this time of year?

Dr. Dive, what's the water temp like this time of year?

Surface temp is running about 64ish, warmer at depth. The thermocline hasn't inverted yet, so it's noticably warmer deeper that 30 ft or so.

my wife is getting certified here shortly. her first class is on the 27th of this month. shes getting it from round island divers in pascagoula. when shes done in feb, i wanna plan a trip so ill be contacting you then.

my wife is getting certified here shortly. her first class is on the 27th of this month. shes getting it from round island divers in pascagoula. when shes done in feb, i wanna plan a trip so ill be contacting you then.

Thanks Lockdown,

Be happy to have y'all aboard. Always enjoy having newly certified divers aboard. We have our schedule online at www.drdive.com so you can check the available dates and book it right there online. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. I'm happy to answer any questions and help get you set up. I look forward to hearing from you.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

thanks for your help. my wife hasnt yet been to her first class but shes already decided that she would like to go on a shallow dive (30-60 ft) and then one deeper dive (60-100 ft). we may book multiple trips with you in a weekend or something like that. i think she will be thrilled to know that i have personally spoke with the captain and am in the process of setting something up.

Back
Top Bottom