Anyone wanna dive Sunshine Coast May 10, 11, or 12?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, my name is Brad. I'm a dive instructor from San Diego, CA. I'm going to be on vacation in Vancouver in May. I'd really like to do a couple dives along the Sunshine Coast. The only days I'm available are May 10, 11, and possibly 12. I contacted Suncoast Diving and was told that they could put a trip together with a minimum of two divers. Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!

Hi Brad,
I won't be on the Coast that weekend but there are quite a few regular divers living there. If you can't get anyone to join you on a charter ask Rob, the owner of Suncoast, if there might be any Suncoast dive club members going out shore diving. You could also post on their Facebook page. Another option is taking the ferry back to the mainland and joining someone shorediving at Whytecliff park, just around the corner from Horseshoe bay ferry terminal.
Andrew.

Andrew, Thanks for the advice. It's funny because I have spoken with Rob and we actually discussed all the things you mentioned! He said conditions have been kind of crappy lately, so he hasn't been getting much response from the local dive community. His opinion of the diving at Whytecliff was not very high, so he recommended going out on the Sea Dragon if I can't find people to dive the Sunshine Coast with. As it stands, I think I'm going to book a spot on the Sea Dragon on the 12th and see if anyone wants to join me last minute on the 10th or 11th to do the Sunshine Coast.

Thanks again!
Brad

Whytecliff is as good as any site the Sea Dragon visits in Howe Sound. I was in Rob's shop on Saturday and vis in the inlet and on the outside had been poor for a few weeks previously. We did five dives over the weekend and it had improved considerably. I'd guess it at about 20' to 30' in the strait and 40' to 50' in Agamemnon Channel. I'll be diving on the mainland on the 12th if you can't line something up.

Andrew, I appreciate the offer but I went ahead and booked a spot on the Sea Dragon for the 12th. I'm still available the 10th and 11th if anyone wants to dive the Sunshine Coast.

---------- Post added May 3rd, 2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

Also I'm really happy to hear that the vis is improving. I hope the same is true for the spots I'll be visiting!

You'll enjoy the Sea Dragon, they're a top notch operation. Dale, I'd be up for a trip to the Britannia wrecks if you are.

Andrew, are you still available to dive tomorrow 5/12? My boat trip got cancelled at the last minute. If so give me a all at 619-895-0591. I'm really bummed because it's my last day to dive before I head back home.

Brad

Sorry Brad, I just checked ScubaBoard now and wouldn't you know it I had no one to dive with yesterday. If there's a next time P.M. me and I get e-mail notification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom