Anyone using the X core vest by Fourth Element?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
reddiver970

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Wondering what people's opinion on it are and is it worth the money?

I add mine on particularly cold days or when I have longer dives planned. It definitely adds warmth, I'm happy with it. It also needs 3 to 4 extra pounds of lead.

Yes, love it. I found I had to add 2 lbs extra for it during CCR training last fall as that was the extra needed to sink me on one day with it.

Well worth the cost, especially if you don’t want to plunk down the high cost of a heated vest.

Wondering what people's opinion on it are and is it worth the money?
Love it haven't been in the water without it yet it's just great keeps your core warm and i noice my my legs is Abit cold but my core is nice and thosty.
I would definitely recommend i also ude it when it's really could outside i just were it under my jacket 😀

Yes, it is a very nice and warm vest. Buoyancy shift is noticeable.

I have not used the vest but if you're looking for a cost effective option: You can buy fleece fabric 300gr/qm or thicker, cut it out in the shape of the front part of a vest and stick it under you're undergament. Makes a huge difference and costs next to nothing. That's what I do, you don't really need that much insulation on your back as long as you have ok trim.

The 4th Element X-Core is a brilliant bit of kit; wear it on all colder dives -- the vast majority of my diving. Very happy to recommend it.

Wear the X-Core next to the skin; then the Santi heated vest; then another 4th Element vest; then a 4th element rash vest; then a 4th Element Arctic Expedition. All under a membrane drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom