Anyone Using the Fuji F200EXR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I've just become a FujiFilm camera/housing dealer.

I've shot several Fuji cameras in the past (F810 & E900) and have always been impressed by their sharpness and rich color rendition. The new F200EXR seems to carry that tradition forward to high definition color or resolution, your choice. I saw the camera at PMA and was impressed. It has a manual mode for us "old school" photographers. The housing is also well thought out and fairly inexpensive. Fantasea Line now makes a wide angle lens for it.

Anyway, has anyone shot this rig? Thoughts? Tips/tricks you'd like to share? I'd love to see some photos!

Thanks,
Jack

Jack, don't have it but would be very interested in seeing images... I've had every camera in that line up to the F50...and liked them a lot...

Their housing are particularly nice.. small, double seals...still carry the F50 as my backup.

Here's a few links to images, but they aren't underwater:
DP Review gallery

Jack

I've had the Fuji FinePix F200EXR camera and WP-FXF200 case for a couple of months now.
A few weeks ago I used it for the first time on a trip to the Cape Verde Islands. I've attached 3 photographs.
Conditions were pretty bad, strong currents and lots of swirling sand / algae so I wasn't surprised by the quality of the shots I was getting. It also didn't help that I somehow managed to switch the flash off. I was happy with the quality of the case, double O rings are a reassuring feature. It also feels a bit more solid than some other own brand cases I have used. I have bitter memories of a Canon case that flooded 2 days into a 3 week dive trip.
I'm off to the Red Sea (Safaga) in a couple weeks time where conditions should be better and I can get a better idea of what the camera is capable of.
As a topside camera I can't fault the quality of pictures from the F200EXR bearing in mind it is a compact not a SLR.

Attachments

• DSCF0128.jpg
    DSCF0128.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0140.jpg
    DSCF0140.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF0301.jpg
    DSCF0301.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 75

Back
Top Bottom