Anyone using the Canon G10 and the canon housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwest30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had my last underwater camera set-up stolen last summer. I am now looking to get something smaller and compact.

I am looking to get the Canon G10 with the canon housing and an iKELITE ds51 substrobe with the manual controller. Just wondering if anyone out there is shooting with the Canon G10 underwater and can offer some feedback.

Thanks in advance for any info,

John

It's rather surprising you have received on response on this. I noticed that a fellow on Flickr from Australia is using the G10 with the Canon housing: Flickr: Weedy Sea Dragon
He doesn't give an e-mail address in his profile, but if you join Flickr and ask a question on one of his photos or send him a "Flickrmail" he will likely give you some help. It's free to join Flickr, and it can be fun commenting on people's photos.

As you can see from his Flickr photostream, he is taking some very good photos with the G10. Take a look at this one: Flickr Photo Download: Fatherly Devotion - Eastern Gobbleguts. I've commented on some of his photos, and he's replied back, so I think you will probably get some feedback from him.

I use a G9 with the Canon housing and use the S&S Y-110 strobe and i would recommend it

Look at the thread directly below. Ed used a G10 with Canon housing, an adaptor for Inon wide angle and close-up lenses and an Inon Z240 strobe for all of them. He's also taken brilliant photos with the G9. I don't think you'll see much better shots from the $10,000 DSLR crowd.

I've just bought a G10 with their housing but haven't used it yet. I'll post when I do. I am expecting great things though, at least once I've got the hang of the camera.

I had my last underwater camera set-up stolen last summer. I am now looking to get something smaller and compact.

I am looking to get the Canon G10 with the canon housing and an iKELITE ds51 substrobe with the manual controller. Just wondering if anyone out there is shooting with the Canon G10 underwater and can offer some feedback.

Thanks in advance for any info,

John

Hi John!

I'm using the Canon G10 and housing, with Inon Z240 strobe and lenses. All I can say is that the camera is fantastic... Here are some of the shots I toon with it recently. Anilao January 2009 with Canon G10 :D

Ed.

Thanks to everyone for the replies:) I hadn't heard from anyone and I leave for the florida keys on Friday the 20th so I pulled the trigger on the 7th so I could get all my gear in time for the trip. I ended up getting the G10 and the canon housing along with the Ikelite DS51 and the manual controller.

After seeing those photos I am reassured I made the right decision, wow, those are fantastic:) Now, where is the best price for those WA adapters?

Thanks again everyone!

~Jonas

For those that still wondering whether to buy the G10, I recommend it. I took thousands pictures with G9 (above and under water). Now I got the G10 and the external strobe Sea & Sea YS-100A. More power and more beautiful pictures. My dive logs and pictures together with equipment I used are on my dive logs web site dive.vinaworld.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom