Anyone using DUI Zip Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

High & Dry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone using DUI Zipgloves? If so are they worth the money or just a pain to get geared up in, since they're fixed to the drysuit?

I have Zip Gloves on my drysuit. My previous drysuit had the DC rings. You get used to gearing up in them, but I think they have other, annoying downsides, especially compared to DC rings.

I've gotten used to them and have no problem gearing up, etc. but I don't like them because:

-the replacement cost, although I might experiment with gluing new gloves on the rings when the time comes. Besides, I can replace the glove on a DC ring faster than I can put a new Zipglove back on my drysuit, and I don't have to doff the drysuit to change the glove on the DC ring. On top of that, I noticed a nick in the zip part of one of my gloves. It's less than 1 year old and doesn't leak yet, but for the $$$, I expected more. DC rings are practically indestructible.

- I don't think they dry out as well between dives as removable drygloves. Yes, I could unzip them, but I'm lazy. DC rings pop off, dry out, and then pop back on.

-the barbarian factor- you'll understand this when you eat lunch while wearing bluegloves or use your cell phone with bluegloves. I dive in the winter and during the surface interval, I like to leave the drysuit on, but put on regular gloves.

-the neckseal- I adjust my neckseal with gloves on. Doing it isn't the problem, I'm just afraid that it will wear out the neckseal faster because the bluegloves aren't exactly silky soft.

I think I will eventually have the Zip gloves removed and replaced with DC rings.

Zipseals are a great idea if you dive with wet gloves, but I'm not terribly fond of Zipgloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom