Anyone using a Canon G2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aidensnd

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using a Canon G2 and if so how do you like it? I was thinking about getting one awhile ago for land photos and now that I'm back into diving would really like a camera that I can take underwater also.
Any info would be great.

Thanks
Dan

I've been using a G2 for about 5 months. It's a great camera, takes great pictures, and I'm extremely satisfied with it. It gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to taking photos. However, for underwater use your options are very limited. As far as I know, Ikelite is the only company that makes an easily obtainable housing for it. It looks to be a great housing, and Ikelite has an incredible reputation for quality and service. The few reviews that I've read about the Ikelite housing for the G2 are all very positive. The problem with it is that it is expensive, be prepared to pay at least $600 US. Add at least $400 more if you want to get an external digital strobe. There are a few others that are made in Europe, but I have never heard of anyone using them, so I can't comment on quality/satisfaction. They tend to be even pricier than the Ikelite, and will likely need to be shipped from Europe if you end up ordering one. You can find more info on the G2 and housings for it at

DigiDeep

Hope this helps!

-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom