Anyone used a Pro-Watt light??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnCollins

Reaction score
This isn't strictly a DIY question, but with the adjustable light head and features listed on this product, I'd probably just buy it at $280 rather than try to collect all the parts and do it at home. The value proposition on this light looks very good, but I'm wary of buying without reading someone's experience with these hands on.

Thanks.

JPC

http://www.divelight.com/single.asp

Well, I've met the owner once, while I was on vacation in Florida...I did the "tourist" Grotto dives.

He seemed nice enough, his lights will work, plus he sold me a pile of S/S Latches that I couldn't find in Canada, I took all he had!!!

Quite honestly, besides the funny "look" (I think a little older and dated) they looked like decent value.

I don't think it's on his site, but he has an HID version out too. (I think??)

Regards.

These lights sound pretty bombproof. I'm not as handy as some of you folks, and while I'm certainly not made of money. . .like many folks pushing 50 with kids, I've got more money than time. I think I'll buy one of these and then post a review. The heck with building my own, Pro Watt's price is too compelling. . .not to mention my homebuilt won't have a warranty :wink:.

--------Prompt email reply to my inquiry, by Dan Fisher-------

Hi,

Actually, to my knowledge, no one has done a review on Pro Watt lights. Pro Watt has been doing business for 9 years. It was originally started by Ed Paradiso of Blue Grotto Dive Resort in Williston FL. I purchased the company from Blue Grotto three years ago.

The canister is injection molded and is made of Norell, with 30 % glass. This material has a strength rating of 1500 lbs. per square inch. The canister can be dropped on concrete without damage. I give a lifetime warranty on the canister. The light head is precision machined from a solid block of aluminum. The lens is double oring sealed. I use Olflex wire to the light head. It is a molded jacket cable. Very thick and durable. Cable seals and toggle switch boot are double sealed with 3M5200 marine seal. It is the best marine sealer I have ever found, and is designed for constant, below the water line use. I assemble and test each unit myself. One year warranty on all materials and workmanship. Lifetime warranty on canister. Repairs are returned three working days after receipt.

If you are in Florida, diving the springs, I have free demo units available at Blue Grotto, and Paradise Springs.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Dan Fisher

---------end of email-----------------

I have a Pro Watt light and I love it.
About the only way you can screw up with it is leaving to "O" ring out when you go diving ( bet we have all done that)

I know I would buy from Pro Watt agian.

Finally, a reply from a satisfied customer!

I have a couple other items I'm looking to get, but I'm putting the ProWatt on my Christmas list. I don't know where this year went, but Christmas doesn't seem so far away.

Thanks again!

I have the 50W halogen and it's worked great. Only time I had a problem was when I banged it around on a rocky entry. 1 phone call and 2 weeks later I had it repaired. He even upgraded the switch cover all at a reasonable cost.

In terms of bang for the buck, it's a great light.

I have had the Pro Watt lights for over a year and they have worked flawlessly. The design is simple so there is little to go wrong. The construction is bullet-proof as mentioned before. Plus, I could not say enough about the great service Dan Fisher provided me when I bought the lights. He had a custom bracket built for the battery pack that fits like a glove with my Ikelite housing. See the video gallery at my web site for a photo of the setup.

Laz
TheLivingSea.com

I'm sure they're reliable and whatever else, but let's face it - the thing looks like a cinder block. Who wants to carry one of those around on your hip? I think the Pro-Watts and those old box-style Dive Rite Cannisters are about the ugliest lights I've ever seen.

they may be ugly to you but if they work well and does the job and if people want to buy them then go for it..why the ugly comment anyways?

We're just used to seeing those "Slim-Line" canisters which take up no room.

I have a DIY one that uses the same batteries as the old MLS Diverite ones, it's as big as a tank!!

I like it and all, but I wish the DIY, HID's would come down a bit in price so I can move into something a little smaller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom