Anyone use Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanarcher

Reaction score
Anyone dive with a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator? I am looking to buy a reg - and it is a lot cheaper than the Apex ATX100. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

I've used the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator for about a year, and I've logged about sixty dives on it.

I've never had any problems with it. Can't say an opinion other than I never really dont think about it too much. I suppose that's what you want from a regulator.

It has a sensitivity knob, but the settings don't change its ease of breathing by much. It does breath hard when it's turned tight, and it provides a very small, steady stream at its most open position. I usually have the adjustment right in the middle. I sometimes wonder if the knob is really necessary.

I do like that it has the "surface mode" switch. It's never free flowed with it set to surface mode. Once I purged the reg before a dive while on the surface, and the reg free flowed. It stopped immediately when I switched the lever to surface mode.

I haven't had the opportunity to really compare regs, so this post probably isn't very helpful.

I've had mine for a little over a year. Nothing unusual when I got yearly service and I'm probably not as paranoid as I should be about soaking the salt off. Been to 140' with it with no change in the easy breathing performance. And I would echo EricJ about the adjustments.

I love my Envoy! I started diving with an Aqualung Titan and find the Envoy to be a far superior reg for me. I find it breathes easier and I've never had a free-flow. I have a friend who has an Apex (don't know the model) and she's had it serviced 3x in the past year for problems (once for an controlled free flow). Don't know that her experience is typical, but it frustrates her to no end that she spent twice as much and has 3x the problems as me.

ryanarcher:
Anyone dive with a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Regulator? I am looking to buy a reg - and it is a lot cheaper than the Apex ATX100. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

My girlfriend has the Envoy Deluxe and is very happy with it. Very good bang for the buck and Zeagle is a manufacturer I like to support. I have the more expensive flathead VI and have used her envoy a few times without noticing any difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom