Anyone use these Pocket Weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esword

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was looking for a place to buy weights without paying nearly as much in shipping as I did for the weights. I came across this site - Pocket Weights Scuba BCD Weights. Besides seeming to be a pretty cool design, it's also the cheapest I have found since they offer free shipping. It comes out to $5/lb. Anyone try these, or have recommendations for other places to get a good deal on weights?

Maybe cool looking, but really a gimmick. I recommend folks buy 2 lb weights as these are much more useful in adjusting trim and overall weighting as you gain more experience and are able to drop weight.

Did you end up buying them? I was considering 2 5lb weights for my BCD, since the mesh ones I got barely fit in the pouch.

My two cents or two pounds worth of advice...I saw these at the LA Scuba Show last June and spoke with the owner of the company. I have the seaquest black diamond bc and the weights fit the pockets perfectly. No bulges, no having to fit a flat weight into a curved pocket. It looked like a very good product. He can offer free or reduced shipping, he explained, because the weights fit well into a us postal service flat rate box. I was impressed with the design and have been meaning to order a set for my bc. Thank you for reminding me.

I love these weights and use them all of the time. They fit my aqualung (dimension i3) pockets perfectly! I recommend these weights to anyone that is happy with their current weight & trim, and looking to replace two (or more) weights in each pocket, with one piece that's longer, thin, and contoured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom