Anyone use Coastal scuba of Myrtle beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyaquaman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Has anyone ever used coastal scuba in myrtle beach? Anyone know the dive sites or or visiblity on somce of there dives.

Thanks for any and all info.
Trevor

My wife and I dove with them. They provided an extra DM for my wife he stuck right with her and was very attentive. We did Baraccuda Alley (a barge and some assault vehicles.) Visibilty was maybe 20 feet.

If you want to dive Barracuda Ally or the Sherman, they are fine. Anything else I would dive w/ Express. Personally, I like Express a lot more than Coastal, for several reasons.

Why express and have you used nu horizon? Thank you for the advice.

I dove with coastal scuba on 8-18 to the Sherman. The charter itself was exactly what I expected.

I paid, got on the boat with my own equipment. The tanks were already on the boat. They had some issues with not having correct sizes for some of the ppl renting equipment. They were professional and were happy to help anybody who had issues with equipment, owned or rented. They helped with entry and exit.

I would have dove with them again on 8-20 but the vis under the thermokline was about 2ft. We stay in north myrtle so they are a closer charter in little river instead of murrels inlet. I'll probably dive barracuda alley with them next year.

Why express and have you used nu horizon? Thank you for the advice.

Great boat, great owners, great staff. They usually part at one wreck for 2 dives which means we can do 1 long, extended technical dive. They don't monkey with our gear or tell us how to dive.

Also, if the boat is scheduled to go to Hebe, we go to the Hebe. Coastal has a habit of ending up at the Sherman when the conditions are anything but ideal.

If the weather is iffy, Coastal will go out when nobody else will (I guess that can be a good thing if you need to get wet). But I've been on that boat in 6-8ft with brand new divers on the boat. Not good for them.

I have not used Nu Horizons yet but I have heard good things about them. It's a 6-pack charter, so you have to buy the whole boat to get a trip out. But they seem to be a good op.

My wife and I dove with them. They provided an extra DM for my wife he stuck right with her and was very attentive.

You don't have to post a pic of your smokin' hot wife, we get it.......... :D

I have had quite a few buddies go out w/ them, never any major issues....

You might want to wait a bit w/ the storms we have coming....... Get some vis reports in the next couple of weeks before heading to the coast....

I dove 2 charters with Coastal Scuba and when I dove them I was still fairly new to diving. The whole staff was curitious, professional, and more than happy to help. Visibility on the Sherman was about 20-30 feet and on Barracuda alley vis was about 10-15 feet. I would recommend them if you are just getting started or if you have been out of the game for awhile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom