Anyone try Zeagle's tank mounted weight system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I was considering using Zeagle's tank mounted weight system.

Has anyone ever tried it?-good/bad?

Do you think you could use system with doubles-with a little rigging?

Thanks

Zeagle recommends the tank mounted weight system only for singles-and I'm married so that's out. What a great joke!!!

Seriously folks-

I thought I could still use the tank mounted system with doubles and here's how.

Add a total of 4 cam bands to the set of doubles. The weight system would attach onto these bands. It would eliminate the bulky weight belt or any forward positioned integrated weight that would impede my movement. And at the same time permit ditching of a large percentage of my total ballast in an emergency-a safety consideration that is often overlooked.

My one concern is that the doubles will force the weight to be positioned so far laterally that it will make the setup unstable. Also the torque of positioning that much weight i.e. tanks, ditchable weight, so far from the center of my body might make me fall over backwards.

Has anyone tried this idea?

Originally posted by buff
Zeagle recommends the tank mounted weight system only for singles-and I'm married so that's out. What a great joke!!!

Has anyone tried this idea?
That was a good one! :D

Ideas? Oh yeah!
Forget the extra weight.... you won't need any with the right doubles....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom