Anyone try to SRP filter for the Hero 3+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdventurePlus - that was a great video. The octopus at the end was fantastic footage.

I need to learn how to edit my video clips and put to music like that.

Great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added November 15th, 2013 at 12:39 PM ----------

Also, which video light were you using for the night dive footage? I notice the light has excellent uniformity and very precise cut-off at the edge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I did this whole edit with the free GoPro Studio. It's fairly easy to learn and gets the job done.

As for the lights I'm running the SRP Tray and Light Bundle. Great lights, they are small and compact but still powerful enough for night filming. They run on rechargeable batteries and each light comes with a spare so you can charge one set while you use the other.

---------- Post added November 15th, 2013 at 08:00 PM ----------

Thats just great, I am going to the Maldives in 3 weeks. I haven't got the dive housing for a Hero 3 as I said it got lost last weekend. So which filter is it you and Justin Thompson are talking about that fits onto the Hero 3+ housing then please ... ???

As troy_v said they are a different size. I just got the first batch of the 3+ filters in from SRP if you can't find a dive housing or 3+ filter let me know, looks like USPS can get a box to London in 6-10 business for $23.95 shipping. Should be in time for your trip.

Great edit AdventurePlus, loved the Ray with sand falling away as he cruised for another hiding spot.

One additional consideration on the SRP filter topic is that GoPro only makes the BacPac and LCD for the original 3 housing (at this time, that I'm aware of). The 3+ camera fits into the original 3 housing. Also the older housing is rated to greater depth. People may want to get the original 3 housing to use either the BacPac or LCD. Or they may already have the SRP filter for the older housing, etc.

Hi Justin, I can confirm you are right. When I received my GoPro Hero 3+ and Touch BacPac on Friday, I just bought them home but left them unopened until today. The Touch Bacpac was a limited edition. Now I know why. Totally unexpected, when I opened the Bacpac box it contained the whole housing for the original Hero 3 Black, with the correct backdoor and the Touch screen fits on the Hero 3+ and they both fit in the housing. This housing is waterproof to 60m, whereas the Hero 3+ housing is only waterproof to 40 meters.
So as I said if anybody buys the current Touch Bacpac Limited edition, the Original housing is in the box ... :)

hi, as a fellow londoner and also interested in this but i think it could be a bit tricky to get in the uk? are you talking about the shop on embankment?

Hi Rusty, I sent you a detailed private message but yes it was Ocean Leisure on Embankment. Looks like you arent the only one finding it difficult to get in the UK. I am not great on computers but when I googled them, the ONLY place in England to get them that came up was Ocean Leisure. Looked on Amazon, Kelkoo, Ebay, Google and evrywhere else and the only results were in '$', meaning USA of course. Even Simply Scuba don't sell them. I have the Hero 3+ black edition too. I went in looking for the filter to fit the Hero 3+ housing, but they said they weren't ordering anything else off GoPro for a while and they couldn't order one item as they had to order in bulk. Thought I was stuffed as they only had 2 of the domes on the shelf and they were for the Hero 3 original housing.

I told them I had the Touch BacPac at home unopened as the lot had only arrived the previous day. Thank god he told me that included in the Touch BacPac box was a free housing for the Hero 3, so I bought the filter, got home, opened the box and there it was so now I have the Hero3+ casing AND the Hero3 casing too. :D

What I like about the SRP Blurfix 3+ it has a impossible to pull off feature since it is held on by hydraulics – liquid does not compress under pressure. This configuration is an excellent candidate for surfers as water is readily available and fogging is not an issue with a fluid filled space. Isopropyl alcohol can be substituted to prevent freezing but installation using alcohol is tricky as the unit must be submerged and all air bubbles shaken out before sealing the unit. BlurFix3+ 55 - For the GoPro Hero 3+ Camera | Focus Precision Inc. SRP Products are now avalaible in Canada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom