Anyone try to SRP filter for the Hero 3+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troy_v

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought the new Hero 3+ Black edition last week. The dive shop I bought it from was also selling the bran new Snake River Prototyping "BlurFix" red/cyan filter specifically made for the new 3+ dive housing. I couldn't find any reviews on the specific new filter, but reviews of the previous Hero 3 filters all seemed to be very positive.

Has anyone used this particular filter for the Hero 3+ housing?

Thanks for the info, Justin. I was concerned about the string, too. My filter is a very snug fit onto the 3+ housing - it take some effort to get on and off. Did you ever have an issue taking it off once you got into the water and then reinserting it, ie the filter slipping out of your hands?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I used one all week in the Bahamas. Worked great! I attached the string to my tray with very little slack so it floating forward wasn't an issue. Mine is also snug, but it isn't a problem.

Here's the video I came back with [video=youtube_share;XCdncjFvLeE]http://youtu.be/XCdncjFvLeE[/video]

AdventurePlus - that was a great video. The octopus at the end was fantastic footage.

I need to learn how to edit my video clips and put to music like that.

Great job.

---------- Post added November 15th, 2013 at 12:39 PM ----------

Also, which video light were you using for the night dive footage? I notice the light has excellent uniformity and very precise cut-off at the edge.

I just signed in to start a thread about this topic. I received my GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition this afternoon. I have had the SRP red dome filter reserved in a London store for 2 weeks now. I am due to go in tomorrow first thing and pick it up. When I looked at the new camera today, I can't help thinking that the lens of the casing is smaller to the GoPro Hero 3 Black edition. I can't compare because mine got lost/stolen last weekend. Will any filter which would fit the Hero 3 Black, also fit the Hero 3+ Black ... ??? This is the filter I am talking of >>> SRP BlurFix3 SO Colour Correcting Dome For Hero3 - Products ... Thanx for looking.

No, as I understand it the waterproof housing for the 3+ is smaller, and the lens area is shaped differently than the dive housing for the Hero 3.

However, you can install the 3+ in the housing for the 3 and use the red filters made for the 3 dive housing.

Thats just great, I am going to the Maldives in 3 weeks. I haven't got the dive housing for a Hero 3 as I said it got lost last weekend. So which filter is it you and Justin Thompson are talking about that fits onto the Hero 3+ housing then please ... ???

Snake River Prototyping just released a red filter that specifically fits the waterproof housing for the Hero 3+. It is the only filter I am aware of that fits the 3+ ...... all other filters work only with the Hero 3 housing.

Edited to add this link to the SRP red filter specifically for the Hero 3+ http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/Products/blurfix3-55-with-cyd.aspx

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom