Anyone tried the Taiwanese Aropec Rubber Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the by, Scubapro used to make a floating full-foot fin:
s-l1600.jpg

You can still get them on eBay, but Scubapro now has a new version, the Snorkelpro:
SNPRFF.jpg

Its original manufacturer appears to be Aropec of Taiwan:
F-JS802-GN.jpg

which produces models in the same style for swimming and diving brands such as Arena, Mad Wave, Poseidon, Pro Dive, Selex and Sub Gear.

Thank you for your very kind offer, I'd love to take you up on it one day, when is the best time of the year for diving?

Over here you can buy a ScubaPro branded (I suspect manufactured by Gull) but made in Japan a fin very similar to the Jet, called Jet Fin Revo, although look nicer, not as heavy and are a little softer so foot pocket is more comfortable. It only comes in two sizes, regular 25cm-27cm or Grande 27-29cm I think. They used to come in a variaty of colours but now only black or white. I owned a pair, I liked them but I have very small feet and the regular was a tad large. You can get them for around ¥15,000 ($125) spring straps are extra. I have no idea if they interest you or not but if so let me know, I'm sure I can help get you a pair, shipping by EMS is quite reasonable.

---------- Post added October 31st, 2015 at 04:17 AM ----------

I'll keep my eye out for the Gull "jet fin".
Best Peninsula Diving time is early April to End of October. The remaining days are when we have our monsoo season where waves can be a few metres high plus heavy rain.

At Borneo, which is our best diving place in malaysia and quite famous throughout the world have all year round diving. However, there has been 5 kidnap cases happened since 2013 by the pirates.

But it is a must go place for most divers.
By the by, Scubapro used to make a floating full-foot fin:
s-l1600.jpg

You can still get them on eBay, but Scubapro now has a new version, the Snorkelpro:
SNPRFF.jpg

Its original manufacturer appears to be Aropec of Taiwan:
F-JS802-GN.jpg

which produces models in the same style for swimming and diving brands such as Arena, Mad Wave, Poseidon, Pro Dive, Selex and Sub Gear.
Thanks. This explains everything. Both companies are rebadging their product.

Thanks again. Heard GULL is having their own version of "jet fin" soon. I'll just wait and dive with my current GULL MEW for the time being till I make up my mind. BTW buddhasummer, if u happen to come to Peninsula Malaysia, please be my guest and we can go for a short diving trip at the East Coast during the dive season. But do let me know in advance. Package here is pretty reasonable with pretty coral reefs amd warm water.
Timz,
Where do you dive? My mother in law is from Penang and they have family in KL. Last time there we went to Sabah and dove Sipadan. It was kind of a pain to get there. Do you have closer diving? Sorry to hijack the thread...

Last edited:
Timz,
Where do you dive? My mother in law is from Penang and they have family in KL. Last time there we went to Sabah and dove Sipadan. It was kind of a pain to get there. Do you have closer diving? Sorry to hijack the thread...
Yes. There is Perhentian, Redan, Tioman, and more islands in East Malaysia with MYR70-MYR100(ard USD20) per tank dive without gear rental.
Not as famous as Borneo diving, but still consider good. PM me for more details.

Yes. There is Perhentian, Redan, Tioman, and more islands in East Malaysia with MYR70-MYR100(ard USD20) per tank dive without gear rental.
Not as famous as Borneo diving, but still consider good. PM me for more details.
Sorry. I mean East Coast of West Malaysia. Abt 4 hrs drive from KL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom