Anyone Tried the New Zeagle BP/Wing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTub

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I see Zeagle recentley released a New BP and Wings.
I am in the market for some new kit, cause I just don't have enough toys at the moment . :wink:

http://www.zeagle.com/bc_backplate.htm

Has anyone tried the new BP Wing ?
Your opinions on the gear ?
What wings have you tried ?

Yeah my friend just got one. They are pretty sweat. I have a explorer 55, but i like the Zeagle. The plate has more holes. The wing bolts on along the outside, so it stays together when switching between doubles and singles. If you are only doing doubles it doesnt really matter, but its nice for us because we use singles for our classes. The only thing I didnt like about it is that it has the same little retainers that the Ranger has on the sides. They attach to the harness and in my opinion are just a point that will catch on something. My buddy had to switch out the buckle for a stainless one. He also switched out the inflator hose for a shorter one. I am happier with my Explorer, but the Zeagle is a nice alternative.

Mine is arriving in the morning :D
As I dive Wet I went for the 55# dual Bladder.

Did he go the standard or Deluxe Harness ??

He got the standard harness. He added a d-ring to his right hip i think too. We dont scooter. I know he has been pretty happy with it. Enjoy.

I got one of the plates in to give it a try. I wanted it primarily because we have a bunch of Zeagle wings that I would like to make use of.

I don't think the Zeagle wing is optimum for a single tank, it's just too wide. It'll work but not as well as the Halcyon Pioneer.

The plate itself is a little wider on top with the slots further apart than the Halcyon. The Zeagle paperwork shows the harness threaded with the shoulder straps crossed. I think that might be the way to do it for divers with narrower shoulders.

With some modifications I think the Zeagle wing will work well for doubles. Shorten the inflator hose. If you have a wing with a pull dump I would get rid of it. Also we have had lots of trouble with the inflate valves. The lube gums up and the valve sticks. All you need to do is take it apart and clean it but I would rather swap them out.

So, they show the ranger wings in their pdf as being options. One of them listed is the Ballistic Range Ltd. 44#. Would this be the same wing as in my ranger right now? I've since gone to the halcyon stuff, but my buddy uses my ranger and this could be a cheap option for him to use as a single setup if i can at least use that wing. Any thoughts?

Mike, funny you mentioned that gummy valve - that was the first underwater non-normal issue i ever had to deal with. It got stuck on. I hadn't dove for a few weeks, and testing the inflator before the dive i was curious about its stickiness factor - i didnt remember it being that sticky before, but i also didnt remember ever thinking about it so i thought it was actually normal. Then about 20 minutes into that dive it stuck on. I just had it swapped out for a new one but i wasn't aware of that being an accross the board issue with those things. That should be a recall i think if it is that wide spread.

steve

Mike thanks for the heads up on the Gum, I will clean it our before I use it.

I love the BP, it looks like they have taken the Alpha and made it a little wider at the top.

Also the pins to attach the Bladder are SS as oppose to Plastic, I like that.

I am going to take it for a Dive on Sunday arvo so I will do a little report once I have had it underwater. Mine will only ever be used wth twins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom