Anyone traveled to Costa Rica under the new COVID regulations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juan Manuel is a national treasure.

The problem is once you dive with him you only ever want to dive with him! There isn't enough JuanMa to go around!

More specifically, Colombian national treasure. I wish him could join Sten "the Viking" Johansen as CD in Ferox in July.

I’m down here in CR now. The travel is pretty simple. You need travel insurance that covers Covid to the CR rules. Easy to find and not too expensive. I’m 59 years old and 45 days cost me around $120. 48 hours before your flight, you fill out an online form. (The link was forwarded to me by united airlines) this form includes travel info and your insurance information. You will then receive a bar code that you can print out or simply keep on your phone.
Upon arrival they will scan the barcode and if your insurance company is an unknown to them the require you show them the policy before entry. Otherwise, the immigration and customs is normal for CR.
I was pulled out for the insurance and it was quickly resolved.
Cheers! Wander some and enjoy!
Can you provide a link or a name of your insurance company? I am getting much more expensive quotes. Thank you.

Can you provide a link or a name of your insurance company? I am getting much more expensive quotes. Thank you.

Dan and I both used Dive Assure. For Canadians (especially someone living in BC like myself), there weren't other options other than the quite expensive Costa Rican options. This worked well since I use Dive Assure for my diving in any event though I noticed that their prices (again, at least for me here in Canada) have absolutely skyrocketed from previous years. I prefer them since they cover liveaboards (including missing your LOB due to flight delays). That being said, they cover up to 30 days of quarantine (exceeding USD$2000) and COVID medical for $50,000 - the requirements for entry into Costa Rica. They will do up a one page letter for you to highlight this. I uploaded it into the Health Site before my departure and my QR code received approval at the border (I didn't have to queue elsewhere to get it verified or anything though I had come prepared with printed off policies, letters etc) so I had a very easy and quick border experience.

Dan and I both used Dive Assure. For Canadians (especially someone living in BC like myself), there weren't other options other than the quite expensive Costa Rican options. This worked well since I use Dive Assure for my diving in any event though I noticed that their prices (again, at least for me here in Canada) have absolutely skyrocketed from previous years. I prefer them since they cover liveaboards (including missing your LOB due to flight delays). That being said, they cover up to 30 days of quarantine (exceeding USD$2000) and COVID medical for $50,000 - the requirements for entry into Costa Rica. They will do up a one page letter for you to highlight this. I uploaded it into the Health Site before my departure and my QR code received approval at the border (I didn't have to queue elsewhere to get it verified or anything though I had come prepared with printed off policies, letters etc) so I had a very easy and quick border experience.
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom