Anyone taking this Caribbean Cruise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's the Carnival Glory, leaving from Miami, on Nov 28th, going to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman, then back to Miami.
7 days, 4 days of dive, dive dive! I did this cruise a couple of years ago, only in the other direction, on the Carnival Valor, and had a great time, though it would have been better if we had been teamed up with some other dive nuts.

The bottom line:..per person through my local travel agent
Interior cabin...$250USD as opposed to ($499 list)
Oceanview......$330USD
Balcony............$440USD..best cabin for dive gear, I found
Taxes are 238.59USD per person.

I wanted to take this one as well, but my wife doesn't dive, though she loves snorkelling. We decided that we wouldn't do it this time unless there were other wives that wanted to snorkel and/or do shore trips.
Sooo, if there are any other old farts looking for other old farts to dive, snorkel, shop, socialize, compare dive stories, etc. on a cruise ship like this, PM me and we can talk.
FWIW As for buddying up, I'll be a DM by then and my dive style is very relaxed, not trying to change the world, or prove anything though I'm always up for improving my skills . I like to dive safe and comfortable.

I have the same itinerary, but in different order (GC-Coz-Costa Maya-Roatan), different ship (Celebrity Solstice), and different sail date (July 4) from different port (FLL). I have a similar planning issue, trying to balance the couple time with me time (wife is not a diver).

I was on the Solstice in the Med last Nov. Quite the ship. I wasn't as impressed by the way it was run, (not terrible or anything, just a little sloppy in some ways, and dining service was not what I'd had on Carnival).
Since as a diver, it's important to eat your bananas,:wink:, you MUST go to the Crepe Shop! It's well worth the $5 extra to eat there. Order the banana/pistachio/nutella crepe. But as a main course, not dessert, or you won't get your suit zipped!:rofl3:

I'm on the Valor on August 15. Really looking forward to the itinerary. I'm looking for dive shops to go with. Probably using the ship for Roatan and maybe Belize. Any suggestions?

For my Belize dives, I contacted these guys directly rather than using the ships offering:
Sea Sports Belize - Cruise Ship Diving
They're about a block away from where you exit the dock and I was very pleased with their op. No problems getting back on time. It was a fun ride out to the site. The surface interval and lunch out on a key was great. I had never seen a Caribbean outhouse before. What a sensible, neat solution!!
The Anthony's Key trip that the ship offered in Roatan was a good choice, and I also went with the ship's trip in Grand Cayman. I wasn't as happy with them. They were okay, but a little mother hennish. It may have been the individual DM's approach to the job. Also, they were VERY upset when a diver touched something down there. That part I agreed with, if you want to take a picture, stabilize with your bouyancy, not your hand.
In Coz, I always dive with Pelagic Ventures, run by Troy Ruhr. His DM, Alex has to be the best guide ever. They also let you dive your own profile, and of course it's drift diving, so that in itself is a big plus.

Dive Safe

The wife and I are scheduled for the same itinerary in September. Same idea: four days ashore, just to get back on a smaller boat and go dive all four days!

We got the balcony room, since the rate was so good. Already bought the scuba excursions for all four days ashore. All that's left to do is start figuring out ways to smuggle liquor onboard for the non-diving days...

Ike aka "filler of plastic bags"

Did you get the $440 rate for the balcony? If so that could solve my problem too, (wife won't go unless she has someone to snorkel, shop, sightsee with), or does your wife dive as well?
I had been hoping to get a group together from around here, but the date was bad for most.
If we can get an earlier date, it still might work.

I don't recall EXACTLY how much we paid, but I'm pretty sure we actually paid more. Which means the prices have been coming down. Dangit.

And sorry, but my wife is the only scuba buddy I've ever had, so we're definitely going to be diving together at all four stops!

Ike aka "need more vacation time"

donhealy - i'm on the valor on the 15th as well, have you booked any dives yet?

ratfink- I booked the ship for Roatan and Belize. I was going to use Anthony Keys and they were also ship's operator. Still need to book Coz and Cayman. Have you booked those yet? Was thinking Dive Paradise but not tied to it. Some one else on SB is also booking private on Coz.

Don

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom