Anyone still dive with a Suunto Favor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still diving with the one I bought in 1998. It might not be high tech by today's standards, but I can tell you they are reliable and easy to use. Mine has at least 200 dives on it. It would have had more but the war in Iraq and Afghanistan got in the way. I am currently diving with it in the Red Sea every weekend since February, 2014. As long as you replace the Varta 3V when it reaches 3 or less bars on start up, the average battery will last you approximately 3-5 years depending on the amount you dive. Yes, the battery is easily changed, but ensure that you inspect the o-ring for the battery housing and put a little silicon lube on it. Yes, the low battery indicator will tend to come on depending on the strength of the NEW battery. Not to worry, just remember that when you fire it up immediately look at the display along the bottom of the screen and you will(or should) see a line of led "dashes" indicating the power % of the battery. 4 or more you should be good to go.

---------- Post added June 23rd, 2014 at 08:35 AM ----------

Ask this guy, since he is so professional if he even knows how to calculate a multi-level dive using either the tables or "GOD FORBID" the WHEEL!!!! He is just trying to sell you something that at this point you really don't need. Get a few more "manually" planned dives under you weight belt first. Computers are great, but you already have one sitting on top of your head, use it first. Then AFTER you get your radio transduced, high speed dive computer that also makes cappuccino underwater, and gives you heads-up displays on your digital mask, do a few "manual" calculations now and then to keep yourself refreshed as to the:wink: old, outdated techniques that for some strange reason we are still instructing students on world wide.

Last edited:
hi where can i get a Suunto Favor Battery Kit? cheers

Your local dive shop or eBay would be your best bet. I had my Favor battery changed last year January at my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom