Anyone stayed at S Ocean Golf & Beach Resrt, Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone stayed at the South Ocean Golf & Beach Resort in Nassau, Bahamas? I'm trying to book a hotel and this looks to have the best price. I'm not a golfer and I will only be diving a couple times over the course of 7 days (my girlfriend doesn't dive yet).

Looking for advice. Hotels.com has an oceanview room for $129/night, which seems decent.

I was there three years ago. The resort is just okay. On a scale of one to ten I'd rate it as follows: Food 2; Rooms 4; Service 5; Amenities 8. The reason I would give amenities an 8 was because it was right next door to Stuart Cove's and also had a decent golf course. The food was atrocious. I wouldn't eat anything but breakfast there. You will need to rent a car because it is about 20 minutes from Nassau. The resort was pretty beat up and had seen many remodellings. They were in the midst of one when we were there but it didn't look very much different/better in the areas they had already remodelled. The diving was about what you would expect for the Bahamas - not bad, not great. Definitely pay the extra money for the shark dive. What an experience. Let me know if I can be of any other help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom