Anyone shooting Sony a7riii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again @PHIL RUDIN. Indeed it all comes down to how much one's willing to spend. Unfortunately, as many others, at least right now, I can only drool for the WACP-1 or 2. Shame I also sold that 28-70 stock lens that came with my A7III, at $400 MRSP, it might have been a better idea to just keep it tucked away somewhere.

While I expect an improvement over the lens alone I am sure that it will be in an entirely different class V. the WAPC-1

I bet it is, but for now I've settled on a 230mm Zen dome with the M82, fingers crossed it will be enough with the 16-35mm for some under and splits shots.

Thanks again for your input, looking forward to your review

I also have been using the A7rIII with the Nauticam housing for a year and a half now on three liveaboards and I'm currently counting the days to the fourth one on Tiger Beach/Bimini.

It is true all of what the others have said so far: it ends up being quite expensive, heavy and difficult to travel with, but you do get what you pay for: the reliability and vacuum seal are top notch; once you've figured out the buoyancy it's a breeze and very ergonomic. File sizes are big, but I've used the same housing with the A7III, no problem. In terms of getting the shot with the 16-35GM, for example, I find that although animal eye autofocus doesn't work on underwater critters yet, "expand flexible spot" usually works pretty well with back button AF.

However, I've been trying to find a solution for soft and distorted corners with the 16-35GM, which I use with a 60 extension port and the 180mm dome as per Nauticam's suggestion back in 2018. Whilst the Sea&Sea M82 internal correction lens sounds interesting, I wouldn't be able to use it with another lens I own, the Sigma 14mm f/1.8 ART. I've also been contemplating using it underwater and have been trying to find online reviews being tested with a big dome to no avail. Both the 16-35GM and the 14mm share Nauticam's new 70 extension port and 230mm fisheye, which of course, is a way more serious investment, but, naturally, it peaked my interest anyway. Damn GAS.

I was wondering if by any chance @PHIL RUDIN has had the pleasure of testing it or maybe knows someone who might have? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

I recently got the Sigma 14mm 1.8 ART lens... haven't taken it underwater yet... very interested to see photos it takes underwater too! Need to see if I can use my current dome port with it on next trip. Not bringing two domes with me!!

I recently got the Sigma 14mm 1.8 ART lens... haven't taken it underwater yet... very interested to see photos it takes underwater too! Need to see if I can use my current dome port with it on next trip. Not bringing two domes with me!!

I'm actually taking it next week to Bahamas and might have a go for a couple of split shots to test it out. I've already got the 230mm dome and will be picking up the 70 EXR in Ft Lauderdale. Will post some shots afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom