Anyone see a solution I'm not seeing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I dive Flathead VI regs, and have Oceanic Pro Plus 2 air integrated computers, meaning the computers live at the end of a HP hose. They are not a wireless unit. So now I want to add some redundancy by adding a console w/ analog SPG and depth gauge. It would be nice if they could hang on the left side. With the computer now plugged into the left side HP port, is there any way around the analog console hanging on the right, plumbed into the right side HP port? Tell me if I'm missing something ...

Thanks!

i think your only solution would be to get a longer hose and run it around to your left side.

The system I used for a long time was a suunto cobra on my right, a simple small pressure gauge on the left and a bottom timer on my wrist. Thats a completely redundant setup and having depth on your wrist is super nice. I have since dropped the pressure gauge from my single tank reg setup to use on the sidemount regs. Its just my opinion but if your computer fails then you abort the dive anyway and you should have some clue as to how much air you had last time you looked so that extra hose isn't worth it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom