Anyone Remember Richard's Restaurant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Richard's Restaurant closed years ago but we have many fond memories of eating and drinking there and chatting with Richard - he was an interesting guy and quite a character. A night at Richard's was integral to the charm of visiting Bonaire.

He once arranged an romantic moonlight anniversary dinner for us at the end of his pier and it is a special memory.

He retired and I know that someone re-opened the restaurant for a while but it didn't last. But then it opened under the name of Sebastian's but we haven't been there yet. Has anyone tried it and is it any good?

And I was just wondering if any one knows Richard and can let us know how he is doing? Is he still living on Bonaire or did he come back to the US? Thanks!

Last edited:
We ate at Sebastian's a couple of years ago. Nice place and ambiance. I was underwhelmed by their curry. I would say it was gravy, not curry. The folks that got other dishes really liked them so mine might have been a one off. Restaurants like that are really not my jam so I doubt I will return but that speaks more about my tastes than the establishment.

I remember Richard's as well. Would eat there every time I went to Bonaire. Always a great experience. Had no idea it had even closed until we arrived one evening and found out. Still lots of great places to eat on Bonaire but Richard's was always a favorite. Have no idea where he is now.

We always went to Richard's at least once during every trip. The food was usually good, sometimes very good and sometimes just OK. But as you say, he was quite a character, and the setting...

We've been to Sebastian's several times. In the beginning it was a bit rough, but our last visit was among my most enjoyable meals ever on Bon. Again, the setting... but the food and service was also outstanding. Also might have had something to do with the company - my young daughter and Leanne of BCV fame during the period T&L were returning to Canada.

Haven't been back to Bon in a couple of years. My lovely and long-suffering bride has retired from diving so I've been doing the liveaboard thing. But I'm trying to sell a trip to bon for next summer. I too would be interested in some more current Sebastian's reports.

I remember Richards thought it was the best restaurant on the island. We discovered the Yellow Bird there, which we often make at home now. We haven't been to Bonaire in years though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom