Anyone on the Eagles Nest Sunday Afternoon 6/27?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you like the Eagle's Nest boat?

We're looking to put a trip together, and I'd like to hear from anyone that's been on the boat.

Thanks

This was the 1st boat I have been on in the North East. Captain, Howard, runs a very tight ship but seemed to have a great attitude and sense of humor. The boat was very comfortable, there were 19 divers on the boat and it did not feel crowded and there was plenty of storage space. Divers were checked in and out of the water on a board including what times everyone went in and came out. Giant stride entries were done off the starboard side and boarding was done at the stern using a large ladder essentially setup like a staircase. I found boarding to be a little dificult in fins but some of this may have been due to the fact that I have a bad knee. 2 lines were run down to the hook, one from the stern for the people going down and another from the bow for people returning to the boat. Another line ran from Bow to stern and a tag line was drifting off the stern to hold onto while people boarded ahead of you.

On other trips they get the grills going and will cook whatever you bring, because this was a shallow inshore wreck they did not start up the grills. Within walking distance there are a few nice restaurants and 7 of us went and had dinner at one before heading for home.

Overall I liked it, the boarding ladder could have been a christmas tree style or whatever you want to call it but the mates were very helpful and I liked how the captain handled the crew, passengers and boat.

TTSkipper

Back
Top Bottom