Anyone on Maui July 17-August 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be on Maui arriving July 16 and leaving August 1. Staying at Kaanapali Beach Club (formerly Embassy Suites) the first week then in Kihei the second week.

Anyone else going to be around that week and want a dive buddy? I'll have my daughter with me but not sure she'll want to do all the dives I will.

I will be... give me a shout either just before, or when you get here and we'll set something up!

I will be in Maui staying at the Kaanapali Beach Club but from the 2nd through the 10th. Are you going to be around during this time Kris?

I will be in Maui staying at the Kaanapali Beach Club but from the 2nd through the 10th. Are you going to be around during this time Kris?
Yes indeed... I'll be available to dive on Maui through August 7.

I have been to Maui several times but never dove there. Any suggestions?

I just returned from Maui, actually dove right in front of the Kaanapali Beach Club...3 times. Tim at Tiny Bubbles has a package there that is 3 single tank (AL80's) dives for $199. They include a regular dive, a night dive, and a scooter dive (or variation you choose) and include everything. The girls in our party had just cert'd and Tim and Rob made them feel very comfortable. Easy entries, nice dives, saw lots of turtles, some puffers, a 5 foot trumpet fish (I think that's right), a lot of reef fish, lobster, eels, shrimp, a couple "very safe white tipped reef shark" (as Tim wrote on his slate for the girls):D, just easy very relaxing dives and Tim is very easy going and personable so I'd highly recommend him.

Black rock we actually snorkled, not bad but KBC is better. Molokini (front side)....not impressed, again KBC was better except for the 100' + visability at Molokini, Lanai Cathedrals II was awesome. Boat dives were through Maui Dive Shop as we got a deal with them that just ended. Actually only had 8 people on the boat for the Lanai trip and 4 were in our party...that rocked!

I have tons of pics but haven't been able to go through them all yet...here's one of the turtle ones though.

Attachments

• turtle.JPG
    turtle.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 29
Came across one of the cathedrals II I took Tuesday the 26th around noon....awesomely calm day!

Attachments

• cathedrals.JPG
    cathedrals.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 26
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom