Anyone live near a japantown? Maybe in SF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok, *very* non-dive related, but i've been looking at the cool stuff on lunchinabox dot net and wishing i lived somewhere near a japanese dollar store like ichiban kan. does anyone shop somewhere that has cheap bento boxes & the clever & cute accoutrements and would be willing to do a run for me & ship it (i'd pay, of course)? you can answer here or in a pm.

bump 'cause it's monday morning & the work crowd might be logging on... :D

There's a mini Daiso store near my apartment, marci. I clicked on the link you provided but never saw any of that stuff there. Mind you, I've never looked for it either. :wink: I'll be going by there today so I can have a look if you like. Not sure what the shipping would be from Canada though...

I've been looking for a reason to check out the 98+/superM Marukai in Torrance. I'll take a look and see what they have. Is there something specific that you want? How cheap is cheap?

the things seem to be in the few dollars range. have a look & see if a shopping trip would be fun & worth it.

c, yeah, have a look. i dunno about canada shipping either, but let me know what you find & we can discuss.

mainly i'm looking for the small, cuter stuff like the little soy sauce-holding plastic fish or the fake sushi grass or egg molds or what have you. if you can't find bins of that stuff, no worries - i'll put it on the back burner & try some other sources. i just thought it would be better to pay a bud to do a bit of shopping than 7million dollars in shipping to someone on ebay!

Well, I wasn't too excited by what I saw at SuperM, but now that I see what you want, maybe I'll have to go back again. I was looking specifically for the little lunch boxes themselves. Hmmm...they seemed to have every other Japanese household item in there, though, so maybe I missed something.

I won't be able to go until Friday, marci. I'll let you know what I find once I do though. In case anything is of interest and you're prepared to wait a month, I can ship it from Florida after June 20th.

thanks, both of you - keeping your eyes out for a while is very helpful. if it doesn't look like this would be a viable avenue, it'll be okey doke.

I went to the Japanese dollar store near my place this weekend but didn't see any of the cutesy shapes that go inside the boxes. But I did see some boxes -- similar to these here. They're kinda cool! Personally, I quite liked the 2-tier ones. They didn't have any Hello Kitty ones though and I don't recall seeing any in matching bags or with chopsticks. Let me know if you're interested in just a box, marci, and I'll go back for more details.

oh, aren't those cute! :)

i was able to find some boxes, though, so thanks but i'll pass, Anna. i appreciate you looking, very much!

Back
Top Bottom