Anyone knows of an alternative to old Zeagle rubber bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glee719

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I have this Zeagle BCD from 2014 and really liked it. Unfortunately the bladder threads to the dump valves disintegrated and Zeagle no longer offers a replacement. Does anyone know if there is another manufacturer that make these inner bladders? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7334.JPG
    IMG_7334.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 30
Were the threaded flanges glued or welded to the bladder material itself?

A good-ole-fashioned bladder-nut assembly might do the trick.
185-004__17211.1482177399.1280.1280.jpg

One thing to watch out for is that the outside threads vary by manufacturer and\or product generation so you need to match what you have or possibly replace your hose elbow\opv set.

I would call or email John and see if he can put together the necessary parts for you.

Patch the urethane bladder with some aquaseal and a patch, and install two of these on the opposite side

these have the same threads as the Zeagle

Yeah great job, there's really not much to try, glee719 but then I have an endless supply of urethane for fixing

232 013a (1).jpg

I would cut put round patches with inch overlap on the inside and the outside with aquaseal also in between

100% success over decades, rebreathers too but that's different

Enjoy your new bc

The dump I linked is currently the best on the market for what you are doing

I would toss it in the trash and but a new one.

Back
Top Bottom