Anyone know when......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When this weather here in SouthFlorida will finally settle down and let us get some boat diving in? It has been consistent 4-6 ft for like 2 1/2 weeks.....Please - I wanna DIVE !!!!

NOAA calling for 4-6+ all week now too. :11:

It will probably start subsiding towards the end of this month; just in time for hurricane season!!!

lol just imagine this: I found a place ON the beach and let myself enjoy it just one year before getting "serious" again, and for 3-4 MONTHS have had to stay indoors because of the wind and surf. August through December I was on the reef almost every day... I can't remember the last time I went out but it's been a long time.
scubadiverjunkie:
When this weather here in SouthFlorida will finally settle down and let us get some boat diving in? It has been consistent 4-6 ft for like 2 1/2 weeks.....Please - I wanna DIVE !!!!

Hey Mike has it been that bad for you too being on the beach? I figured you would at least get those few intervals between between days when the seas are calm. I haven't had a chance to make it up to the reefs by you but I have caught a couple of good days down in the keys the last month. Well except for my first trip to the Spiegel....See thread "Bad Day at the Spiegel" :pilot:

Juan

Hey, Juan! No, I haven't read the thread yet but will get to it. Last week was busy and the last couple of days were busier! But yes, it's been difficult.

We're headed for the Spiegel Grove again on Saturday - are you up for it? We'll do both the AM and the PM boats, so either or both would be good.
freedive:
Hey Mike has it been that bad for you too being on the beach? I figured you would at least get those few intervals between between days when the seas are calm. I haven't had a chance to make it up to the reefs by you but I have caught a couple of good days down in the keys the last month. Well except for my first trip to the Spiegel....See thread "Bad Day at the Spiegel" :pilot:

Juan

Hey Mike I would certainly consider it but I'm afraid I need to finish my last two AOW dives before they actually let me on the boat on my own. That's what I was trying to accomplish this past weekend but alas, mother nature came a knocking and the boat started rocking.

I have been watching your weather as I am headed to the FLL area shortly. I will be flying back here on May 23. I suspect that your wave/swell situation will clear up the moment my baggage is checked for that return flight. Expect flat calm seas that afternoon. I wish I were kidding!

Mike et al, I wish all of you the best this weekend. My wife's coming to town tomorrow and staying through Sunday morning to celebrate our anniversary, otherwise I'd be with you.

Hope the seas are nice and calm. What was that about playing pool on them... ...sounds like my kind of seas indeed.

-Grier

scubadiverjunkie:

It looks like it is going to die down for the weekend and starting Thursday and Friday. http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/am/amz650.txt

The boats were out this weekend though. The reports say it was rough but doable. My guess is that they are going this weekend as well even if there still are some waves coming our way. Too many people getting backed-up in their diving so they have to go. And its not bad out on the third reef, I was out last Friday and the dive was good even thought the ride was a little bumpy.

--A

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom