Anyone know O-ring size for Buttons/Dials inside ANY Olympus Housings (PTO-E06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
I have a Olympus E-620 and PTO-E06 but i am sure this post would refer to many Olympus housings

About time i serviced and replaced the O-rings on some buttons and Dials in my Olympus Housing , but does anyone know what size they are or how to Identify them , I have Olympus part Number and a Part Name but the O-ring ID i cannot work out EG O2.8 or another O2.5 or O6.07 or O3.8 or O4.5 or 110.72 or 11.5 or S3 or 17 , etc etc

I would imagine they are a Japanese JIS B 2401 but these numbers on the Parts list aren't there or even similar .
Does anyone have any ideas Maybe a Different Housing as i am sure many use the same o-rings .

have hopefully attached a Diagram and part Numbers

So if anyone has any idea of the O-ring sizes would be appriciated
Thanks Mark

Attachments

• PT-E06 Exploded Picture.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 242
You could take a few samples to an industrial o ring supplier and let them figure it out. The JIS hint should allow them to narrow it down.

I did this locally with a Sea & Sea housing. I also took in the housing and the button pushrod. They were not busy that day and were happy for the diversion. It was a little embarrassing to take up 30 minutes of their time and only want 75 cents worth of orings. So I bought a few tools as well.

Hi giffenk
thanks for the suggestion , unfortunately my local O-ring place is 150klm away so would be postal orders and there are a lot of different o-rings in the DSLR housing and being olympus they are probably Japanese size o-rings which are often special order .
And I don't really want to strip the whole housing down with 100's little pieces unless have the o-rings ready they can replace bit by bit .
thanks for suggestion though that might be only way at end of day , but I thought on the Olympus Forum maybe someone who sells or services olympus might have a good Idea ..
Thanks Mark

I thought 150km was nothing for an Australian? :)

Please post, when you find out!

Best regards, Eskil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom