Anyone know if Beaches T&C provides wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhillyKev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, new here. Just signed up for Padi e-Learning and contained water dives locally before my trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos at the end of November where I'll be doing the open water portion. From what I've read, a wet suit is needed that time of year. I wasn't planning to invest in any equipment until after this trip to see if it's something I really want to get involved in.

Anyway, they list all the equipment they provide as part of the all-inclusive deal, but I don't see wet suits listed. Anyone know if they are available for use at the resort? If I'm going to have to pay to rent one anyway, thinking I might as well just buy one.

Also, I tend to run on the warm side personally, so would a skin be sufficient for down there the week after Thanksgiving? Or should I go for a 3mm suit?

Thanks!

P.S. I do realize I can ask Beaches if they provide that. But I know sometimes places say they have something only to find out they don't or there's limited availability, so thought I'd check here first.
Tx.

Hi all, new here. Just signed up for Padi e-Learning and contained water dives locally before my trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos at the end of November where I'll be doing the open water portion. From what I've read, a wet suit is needed that time of year. I wasn't planning to invest in any equipment until after this trip to see if it's something I really want to get involved in.

If you think you might ever enjoy swimming, snorkeling or SCUBA diving, I would recommend buying your own wetsuit, mask, fins and snorkel.

While I might be a little spoiled and a little too far off on the "Yuck/OCD" scale, I'd never rent a wet-suit. What if the some percentage of the previous renters had some sort of contagious skin disease? Aside from that, what are the chances that everything will fit properly? Nothing will turn you off to SCUBA faster than a mask that leaks all the time or mashes your nose, or fins that cut into your feet or give you cramps or a snorkel that has fungus growing in it.

You're probably spending thousands of dollars on this trip. Spend another couple of hundred and bring gear that you like, and fits and isn't all gross.

flots.

Last edited:
+1 on flots.

Invest in a 3 mil and get your own, mask, snorkel, and fins. You'll be glad you did.

BTW - watch out for the hot soup at the Cricketer - burned the crap out of my hand!

Mike

At $10/day for rental sounds like I might as well get my own, at least a cheap one. I'll see what they have at the dive shop where I go for the contained water dives. I assume at least that I won't need a hood or gloves down there? Already have booties.

3mm shorty should work just fine with temps 78 to 80 and as a new diver you tend to do much more work then needed which heats you up. For me the 3 mm full is the only way to go. It provides some protection and if you get warm just let some cool water in.

Well, I bought and brought a 3mil full suit. Never wore it, but now I have it, along with my C -card :)
So tell us about the trip? Or send me a pm. Beaches at T&C is high on my list for where I want to go next. Wife and I will be bringing all our own gear, so you can leave that part out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom