Anyone interested in diving Oronogo on Sat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgray

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and am interested in meeting fellow Mo. divers. I'm from Liberty, Mo. I have Sat. Nov 20th off and was interested in diving somewhere. I was thinking of a day trip to Oronogo but am looking for a dive buddy/buddies.

I'll be there both Sat (11/27) and Sun (11/28) with a few buddies. Either of you would be welcome to join us for a dive or 2 or 3.

theskull

I'll be down in Ginnie Springs this weekend.

Hi guys, and welcome!

I'm stuck in Columbia this week, Happy Thanksgiving. Without a dry suit, I'm dreaming of Florida coastal waters and springs.

Nevertheless, I hope you guys have a good time - Be sure to give us a dive report!

Hey Skull, thanks for the invite. As it looks right now we have got a group of 4-6 divers also going down on sunday. Looking foward to meeting you. Luckily it looks like the weather is going to hold off and provide us with a dry weekend. See you Sunday. Brandon

I'm interested in diving this weekend.. I was going to go to Beaver Lake, but Oronogo's closer.. What time is everyone getting there? Got room for one more?

Robb

We are planning to be there as close to the 0900 opening time as possible on Sunday Morning. I'm sure we can accomodate another fellow diver somehow. We will be in several vehicles, I will be driving an F-150 Supercrew. I don't know but ScubaHawk, and the Skull were talking about possibly being there on Saturday, I don't know what day you were thinking of. But feel free to join us. Brandon

Jmaserati:
. . . Nevertheless, I hope you guys have a good time - Be sure to give us a dive report!

OK--Dive Report:

We had visibility of 15-20 feet in the shallow water and 20-30 feet in the deeper area. Water temp was 55 F at the surface, and at the 50-foot thermocline it only dropped to 50 F---very comfortable temps in drysuits, which we were all diving.

We made a number of dives through the "4-doors" cavern area at depths of 70-90 feet, where if you blocked off your dive light there was complete blackness except for the green glow of daylight coming through the very large entry/exit bay doors, and a couple times exited through a vertical shaft that was a skylight in the mining days. (Note: You are required to have a Cavern certification or a qualified guide to dive the caverns at Oronogo.) In the shallow area we toured the "attractions": Cessna plane, boat, abandoned classic autos, computer desk, and some mining junk--all in depths of only 15 to 40 feet. Oh yeah, there were some fish swimming around with us as well.

A very enjoyable 2 days of diving!

theskull

Back
Top Bottom