Anyone here use the GoPro HERO3 LCD Touch Bacpac while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll add that the hard back flexes enough that the camera is useless deeper than about 180 FSW. It's not flooding, but there is enough pressure on the screen to where the camera doesn't operate correctly. I am going to replace it with one of the Golem Gear housings.

Sorry to dig up an old threat, but I do have a question concerning battery capacity. If i were to record 1080p30 (or 1080p60) with PT on ( I like to get Whte balance right when using a flip filter), and I use the LCD bacpac and kepe te hLCD running, how much time do I have on one internal battery? Did anyone check this?

Here's a list of the average run times for the HERO3 cameras with a fully charged battery.
Avg. time for camera onlyAvg. time for lowest power consumption settingAvg. time for highest power consumption settingAvg. time for Camera + LCD Touch BacPacAvg. time for Camera + Battery BacPac2
Black Edition1.5 hrs1.5 hrs (1080-30)1 hr (WVGA-240)1 hr2.5 hrs
Silver Edition2 hrs2 hrs (720-30)1.5 hrs (WVGA-120)1.5 hrs3 hrs
White Edition2.5 hrs3 hrs (WVGA-60 and 720-30)2 hrs (1080-30)1.5 hrs3.5 hrs

Please note there are a variety of conditions that can affect run times, such as:

• Cold weather, which will reduce battery-life.
  • Enabling Wi-Fi, which will reduce battery-life
  • The above times are based on doing a continuous record. Stopping/starting recording, or powering camera on/off repeatedly will reduce the total record time.

Back
Top Bottom