Anyone have info on Golfo Express - new boat to Cocos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter31

Contributor
Reaction score
I just returned from DEMA, and spoke w/ the owner of the boat "Golfo Express" - they are offering trips to Coco's (and according to their web site, Mapelo too), and the pricing is in the +/- $3000 per trip vs the $5000 charged by the competition (their pricing also includes NITROX).

Per the owner, they are trying to get established, the existing 2 companies have had the market to themselves for a long time so the pricing reflected that dynamic, and so on.

The boat looks nice, but I am wondering if anyone has any info - I did a search, and nothing came up; possiblly too new. I did not find their web site or their printed marketing materials particularly helpful. The owner, while very nce, did not impress me as someone with extensive diving experience; however its certainly possible to hire that expertise.

This could represent another alternative to get to Cocos at a substancial savings - OTOH, its still a lot of money.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom