Anyone got a DC500 Housing They Don't Want?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
They say you're not a diving photographer until you flood a camera (hell, I did that long before I ever shot a pic), and that self insuring is best. So any of you real diving shooters flooded one without insurance and want to something for the housing...?

Moight be able to help you. Flooded my DC500 on the last dive of the trip last week. Did,nt flood all the way and I caught it pretty quick. I'm still trying to dry it out and maybee get it going again. If that don't ork I'll let you know

Moight be able to help you. Flooded my DC500 on the last dive of the trip last week. Did,nt flood all the way and I caught it pretty quick. I'm still trying to dry it out and maybee get it going again. If that don't ork I'll let you know
Bummer, hate it when that happens. Really, I hope you get it working and insured. State Farm might not issue Inland Marine policies where you are, you'd just have to ask, but some others might cover it with a Personal Articles policy. Those beat the heck out of DEPP and DAN equipment plans; see my Sig for more info.

If you'd already replaced it, I'd be curious to know what you might like for the housing - but since your a SB member and not just someone on Ebay, let me know if you want help. Do you know why it flooded? Replacement O-rings are available. There are not many replacement cameras in existence anymore, but I could try to help you find one if needed. Or in the end, yeah - I could still use a spare housing.

Let me know...?

Think the littlle "O" rings on some or all of the buttons are just plain wore out. took the case under by it's self and have slight flooding. yes I installed a new main houseing "O" ring..

Over 300 dives on it and thousands of pix (> 8 gig of disc space). Putting it all into perspective about $2 dollars / dive. Some day when I get time I'll sit down and replace all the "O" rings.

Done much research on a replacement and the DC800 looks like the best deal for the dollar.

Let you know when and if the houseing becomes available

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom