Anyone from San Antonio Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: Just wondering if anyone here is from the San Antonio area? I'm going there for a business trip at the end of the month..I won't be able to get any diving in, but wanted to know if anyone wanted to meet up and hang in the afternoon? if so let me know since I don't know anyone there. thanks

It just so happens we are having a very informal scuba get together on the 26th at 7pm. It is at a place called Blue Star. I have not been there but am told it is a micro-brewery and a pretty good one. This is not affiliated with any LDS or Club, just people that like to scuba. So you are more than welcome to join in if this fits with your travel plans.

Hey, thanks so much. I think that will work for me. Do you know if it's located anywhere near the River Walk. I"ll be staying right by the River Walk.

They're downtown close to the Riverwalk but not on the Riverwalk

Here's their website and address
Blue Star Brewing Company
1414 S. Alamo
San Antonio, TX 78210
210-212-5506

If you use Mapquest, you'll see where they're located. Hope to see you.

If there are any other San Antonio Scuba Divers interested, please join us.
Lea Ann

Well, thanks so much hope to see you all there. I'll be in San Antonio for 1 week, and since i don't know anyone it's kind off a pain in the ***. Do you know how many people will be there? and how will I know whom you guy's are?

The last time we meet it was at a different place, and the main organizer Glen hung a big dive flag over the table. Not sure what he's going to do this time since we've never got together at this place before. Glen does wears a baseball hat with a dive flag on it, and I'm thinking about making a Diver Down Flag centerpiece to put on the table.

Hey SatShark, does Glen tell the restaurant to point us out if anyone ask for us?

Hopefully we'll make it easy for you and anyone else to see us.
Lea Ann

PondPuppy:
Hey SatShark, does Glen tell the restaurant to point us out if anyone ask for us?

Last time he got there early and spoke with the management to let them know what was going on. Since Blue Star is a regular haunt of his, I assume he will do the same. I would expect the same dive flag from last time or a smaller dive flag as a table centerpiece. From what I've heard, there is an outdoor sitting area so I would look there first unless the weather is bad.

We had about 10 show up last time. Like I said, very informal.

Pondpuppy: Get those tanks inspected, Canyon's viz is getting better!

Thanks..hope to see you on the 27th. I"ll try to wear something of diving..ha,ha,ha..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom