Anyone find a weight belt at Dutch Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
On Saturday June 25 a green weight belt with (I believe) 2x5lbs and 2x6lbs weights was dropped not far from the platforms on the west side where the aqua park is. Please let me know if anyone here found it and would like to return it.

We went up there today and did a thorough search, and I believe it is no longer there. Yes, I did let the office know, and I do call every few days.

Any help in the search and recovery would be very metal of you and appreciated.

2 Bar:
On Saturday June 25 a green weight belt with (I believe) 2x5lbs and 2x6lbs weights was dropped not far from the platforms on the west side where the aqua park is. Please let me know if anyone here found it and would like to return it.

We went up there today and did a thorough search, and I believe it is no longer there. Yes, I did let the office know, and I do call every few days.

Good luck!

We lost one during a S&R class a few weeks back on the student side. I think someone actually took it right from under us, while we were doing our pre dive breif. Of course other people will just say that I screwed up the search patterns and just couldn't find it!

"We lost one during a S&R class a few weeks back on the student side. I think someone actually took it right from under us, while we were doing our pre dive breif. Of course other people will just say that I screwed up the search patterns and just couldn't find it!"

I'm one of the other people LOL

We were up yesterday and Charlie (LostPlanetAirman) found a quick release pouch that was green. He didn't recover the entire belt and I'm not sure how much was in it.

Spratman

2 Bar:

Damn! I guess some divers are not anymore ethical than anyone else. I was up to Dutch a couple of weeks ago for my OW and laid my gloves on a picnic table that had some gear on it. The instructor started giving me the rubber hose treatment. Well, that cured me! Mark everything and trust no one! A-holes...

Spratman

Jonny_Rocket:
"We lost one during a S&R class a few weeks back on the student side. I think someone actually took it right from under us, while we were doing our pre dive breif. Of course other people will just say that I screwed up the search patterns and just couldn't find it!"

I'm one of the other people LOL

I was at Dutch Springs this past weekend and did not find anything in the area you are describing. Sorry. As for trusting others with my gear...no way. My group left their stuff laying unattended on the tables. A little too risky in my book.

I don't think anyone actually stole the weight belt we were using, at least not inttentionally. I think some genious just thought we lost it, not that we were using it for an S & R class, when they saw it sitting on the bottom.

There was like 40 pounds of lead on it though dude, give me a break... Then again knowing some of the GREAT instructors that bring students there, it could have been mistaken for a student's belt.

When I assisted my friend with his classes, we always put a long lenght of yellow police type plastic tapes on it marked DO NOT REMOVE. That usually worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom