Anyone ever been diving in Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isla Nut

Reaction score
Staying at Majahuitas possibly in June. Anyone have any advice on the best dive sites and dive operators? Hubby & I are both PADI certified (he's advanced w/ deep water certification, I'm just Open Water certified.) We do want to do some boat diving, but also thought it might be fun to rent some gear & do some shore diving by ourselves, anyone know of a dive operator who's willing to do this?
Also, I've read on trip advisor that there's a bad "jellyfish season", anyone know when it is or where on the net I could look to find out?
Thanks in advance!!! :14:

Well Jag, it's the second most visited cruise ship port in the world. Last year we used to do the security sweep on the Disney boat once a week, U/W sweep.

Isla Nut:
Staying at Majahuitas possibly in June. Anyone have any advice on the best dive sites and dive operators? Hubby & I are both PADI certified (he's advanced w/ deep water certification, I'm just Open Water certified.) We do want to do some boat diving, but also thought it might be fun to rent some gear & do some shore diving by ourselves, anyone know of a dive operator who's willing to do this?
Also, I've read on trip advisor that there's a bad "jellyfish season", anyone know when it is or where on the net I could look to find out?
My wife and I dove at Majahuitas last week (Thursday) for one of our certification dives. We had a blast! I don't know if there are any dive shops located in Majahuitas, but if you can't find someone local you might want to call Pacific Scuba. They're a great bunch of guys and seem to know the area very well. If you call them, tell 'em Mick & Becky said "Hi!"

Here's a link to their web site...
http://www.pacificscuba.com.mx/

Another vote for Pacific Scuba! They were great when we cruised down there are few years back. Excellent operation all around.

Isla Nut:

Not sure about puerto vallarta, but the caribean jelly season is from about Easter to Fathers day.

Sorry thats the best I could do.

John

Did two dives off Marietas Isles in 1999, can not remember who it was through. The only thing that I remember is that it was not a divers only trip better then half the boat was snorkers, was on that paticular trip as my mother, who I was traveling with, was not a diver. Visibility was not that great as I recall, not compared to some of the other places I have been, some where in the 30 to 40 foot range.

I have dove down there twice from a cruiseship, dove with Twin Dolphins, they were a small operation but hearts of gold and on my second return was greeted with a "Welcome Home". We had set up with Chico's but no one was there at the dock so a taxi driver set us up with Goivanni at Twin Dolphin. My second trip we went again with Twin Dolphin and I did my advanced, the card from the instuctor says Pacific Scuba on it????? it was a pay for the card operation with the AOW. Don't recall how he slipped in there. First dive first trip The Arch/Devils Canyon 68' 37 min. (i was a new diver). eels, octupus, viz 40'. 2nd dive Shallow Christ 61' 33 min. eels- scallops, viz 30' 84 degrees October 2001. Next trip first dive Mismaloya 83' 32 min. deep dive for AOW. Second dive Los Arcos, 47' 39min. navigation dive for AOW, viz 30-35'. Temp 86 degree in October 2002. Not sure this helps.

Marietas was my favorite site. Lots of fish and eels and Mantas! Dove with Twin Dolphins they treated us very good would recomend. Can't wait to get back some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom