Anyone else??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...but there's been a really big power blackout up here. LP is smack in the middle of Manhattan. Being a commercial place, ConEd will probably put them at the bottom of the list for power after the government and residential customers... Keep checking though, they should be back soon.

-Frank =-)

Has, I am sure, affected them. We will just have to be patient!

sapphire

None of the trains or subways are running yet. No one who got out of Manhattan is going to go back in until it's all squared away. It might be Monday or Tuesday before you hear from them.

For some reason I had the idea they were in the west. Not on the eastern seaboard.

It's hard to believe the powere outage affected nearly 20% of the 250 million plus US residents.

One thing I wanted to add about LP, I bought a computer on ebay from LP, when I got it, it was the Versa, not the Versa Pro as advertised, I emailed the customer rep and told him, he offered to refund my money, but we wound up agreeing he would give me a discount on my next purchase. Well sure enough, after losing the computer on a dive (cringe) I ordered a new one from LP, but the rep refused to pony up the discount, but told me they were already discounted. Bull. Ripped me off on that one, pure and simple zeN

zeN|| once bubbled...
One thing I wanted to add about LP, I bought a computer on ebay from LP, when I got it, it was the Versa, not the Versa Pro as advertised, I emailed the customer rep and told him, he offered to refund my money, but we wound up agreeing he would give me a discount on my next purchase. Well sure enough, after losing the computer on a dive (cringe) I ordered a new one from LP, but the rep refused to pony up the discount, but told me they were already discounted. Bull. Ripped me off on that one, pure and simple zeN

And I hope you learned to resolve an issue with a purchase (anywhere, not just with LP) in that purchase...You should have returned the wrong comp and gotten the one you ordered.

And, I hope you left appropriate Ebay feedback.

My experience with LP in a few orders is that I've received EXACTLY what was ordered, on time, at the price we agreed on.

Well Scubamom, I did resolve the issue, rather than wait 2 weeks to dive with no computer, I made an agreement to get a discount next purchase, LP screwed me on the deal, but frankly I don't mind losing on a deal once, if I learn who NOT to trust in the future, and you can believe LP lost all of my business after that zeN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom