Anyone else irritated with the Wx?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
I'm torqued....

Last six or seven weekends the weather has been horrible....

Now we have a nice spinny thing that I think is coming up here to raise unholy hades sometime in the later part of the week, and its already kicked up the seas and made diving off my boat very unpleasant - or unsafe.

The weather down here in Cayman hasn't exactly been grand. That darn spinny thing threw a real wrench into things.

Genesis once bubbled...
So what do 'yall do when you can't dive due to conditions, other than pull your hair out?

Other great things to do during a tropical storm/hurricane include:

10. Dock Damage Office Pool. Place your bets on the hour that the pier will get wiped out.

9. Play Evict the Amphibian: Chase frogs and other small aquatic life out of your apartment after they have moved in seeking shelter.

8. Bail the Dive Boat: Try keeping the boat afloat when the bilge pump fails after a screw falls out of the float switch.

7. Pack Your Passport Snorkle Adventure: Venture just off shore and see where the current takes you. ¡Sí! Yo hablo español.

6. Auto Diving: Check out damage by putting on your mask and snorkle and driving around with the top down on your jeep. Borrow a friend's jeep if you don't have one of your own.

5. Gear Service Cursing Count: Take your gear in for service --- in pieces. Count the expletives coming from the service technician.

4. Kiteboarding FAA Test: Work on those jumps off the building surf. Be sure to file your flight plan and get take off clearance from air traffic control.

3. DeFog Discovery Day: Find new uses for your Sea Drops, like seeing if liberal application will prevent windshield fogging.

2. Mess with Someone's Mind: Just before the hurricane hits, start a siphon flow out of the pool at your friendly local resort. Watch in amusement as the brand new pool at the resort is the only thing that doesn't end up filled with water after the storm.

1. Hurricane Party: Make drinks that look like the water seeping into your home. Keep practicing until you get the color and consistency just right.

Unfortunately Drew, I know you learned those first hand!

Dee once bubbled...
Unfortunately Drew, I know you learned those first hand!

We better take note Dee. If the latest forecast is right, we may be having our own hurricane party by Thursday.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

We better take note Dee. If the latest forecast is right, we may be having our own hurricane party by Thursday.

I'm sort of losing faith in the forecasters, though. Ever since they missed that hurricane a couple of years ago, they're bad about crying wolf anytime one hits the Gulf. Right now, Isadore is sitting over land in the Yucatan Penisula and they are calling for landfall anywhere from Corpus to Pensacola!

And we're trying to get a new roof put on the house!

Genesis once bubbled...
So what do 'yall do when you can't dive due to conditions, other than pull your hair out?
In your neck of the woods, head for the springs for a little caving. If the weather's too bad for that you probably need to head inland at least as far as Montgomery and take in a play at the Shakespeare Festival - or whatever trips your trigger...
Rick :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom