Anyone dove the Empire Mica since hurricane Dennis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaholic901:
I've heard it is pretty much destroyed.

did it collaspe "in" on itself or was it "scattered" by the storm?

Was going to ask if anything at all left intact, but I guess you're
comments of "pretty much dstroyted" most likely already covered that.

thanks. -mike

I was supposed to go out on it tommorow, but canceled because viz is nil. Not sure on structure, but Ill ask around.

Wow, I hope it hasnt collapsed any more. I dove it a week before Dennis, and Ivan also did a lot of damage. Thats a spectacular dive and still should be a good dive if it has collapsed.

Reel Crazy14:
Wow, I hope it hasnt collapsed any more. I dove it a week before Dennis, and Ivan also did a lot of damage. Thats a spectacular dive and still should be a good dive if it has collapsed.

I don't know how often though boats would run trips to it if it collasped.
It's a long run from Panama City.

They run as often as you pay them. I dont know of any regular scheduled trips even now. Im paying $140 to go out to it in september.

mike_s:
I hear it's cheaper to run to it from Port St. Joe, FYI...

and a LOT shorter ride.
Actually, seahorse has been down for maintenance, and I dont know the status of killfish, but they have a much smaller boat than Capital City Dive, which goes out of Carabelle. Who do you know of who is cheaper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom