Anyone diving Nov. 5, 6, and 7? Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone anyone anyone? I'm a new diver, just got all my gear except a computer, but I won't let you down! Want to do at least 4 dives a day. Open to night diving as well. I have a SAC of 0.5.

if you want to do 4 dives a day in ca water, i would check out channel island diving on an overnight. truth aquatics, peace or Spector. Monterey north, do 2 dives and say you did 4.

Four dives per day in our waters is pretty ambitious. Most wetsuit people will be close to hypothermic by then.

Be careful. The ocean's not going anywhere.

I did 5 dives last Sunday in a single piece 5/7mm. I'm originally from Ohio so I'm pretty warm bodied, plus I wasn't going too deep (45ft max). I also tend to eat between dives to give my body energy to produce warmth.

I'm a maybe for 2 dives on Sunday morning. What size tanks do you use?

Okie doke. I've got a HP100 Steelie and a 60-3000 AL... SAC rate is around 0.5 when I'm nice and calm, but I sometimes get stressed if visibility sucks really bad, like 5ft :(

How long were those dives? Often we will just do one looong dive, and I come out chilled.

They were about 40 minutes for the first three, then 70 minutes for the remaining two. I know, I know, dive your longest dives first, but I ensured proper SI and the longer dives were with a different buddy who used less air. The last two got pretty chilly though.

How long's a long dive in recreational scuba? Basically maxing out your NDL?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom