Anyone diving a 5' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I tried the 6'. So far it seems perfect.

A 7' would have worked as well. I have a 7' on the way.

I think the 5' was just way too short for me. Anyway....
I strongly suggest the 6' or 7', if you are near my size.
I'm 6', 189 lbs. 44 inch chest.

I did have the 6' work its way up under my bungied reg... and snagged during an OOA drill... but I think I can tweak things to avoid it happening again. Need to remember to immediately drop my head when someone grabs my reg out of my mouth, and control the hose to the primary reg as it is being jerked from my body. Practice makes ...... well..... I'm already perfect... but .....

Thanks for the input everybody.
:)

One additional comment....

I started using a 7 footer -- worked fine, but seemed to be more than I needed for single tank diving.

About a year ago I switched to a 5 footer and found it to be perfect. I tried a 6 footer as well, but it seemed too long.

After taking the DIRF course last weekend, I may be looking at the 6 footer again. The intructors tightened my harness sigificantly, which no doubt affected my tank position...now the 5 footer still works, but seems slightly short.

Well, having ordered all three sizes in the past, at least I have them "in stock" in my basement inventory...;-)

Sometimes I think my 7 footer is a little short. I had to measure it to make sure. And when I'm properly adjusted it's fine....

And don't get started on basement inventories. I don't even want to discuss it.....:D :D :D

I have worn my BP harness VERY tight from the get go. I figured out the feeling was just better that way. I became one with the BP...... so to speak.

The 6 footer seems good. I think a 7 footer will perhaps even be better. For now I am happy with the 6.

But I can't see how anyone could use the 5. I don't think I am that much bigger than the norm.

Not sure if all this jibberish will help anyone... but I just wanted to let ya all know my experience with the hosers.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom