anyone dive with a Sea Elite Tek X BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eurotin

Registered
Reaction score
i am in the market for a BC, i came across the Sea Elite Tek X BC, anyone have any thoughts on this, based on the facts of what it has it is what i am looking for, but i have never heard of it.

anyone have any experience with them?

SEA Elite has been around for a while. It's the "store brand" for the Divers Supply chain of dive stores.

Most folks that own their gear have no complaints. Most of their gear is made by the same OEM that makes a lot of other brands such as Dive Rite, Salvo, etc.

I've got one of their Tek BC's that I bought many years ago and I've been very happy with it. I've got maybe betweeen 50 and 80 dives on it and it's still in great shape. The only real difference I can tell after all that time is that the fabric is now much softer (which is expected in any BC) after that many times in the water. Also the weight pockets fabric had a protective lining that is showing a little wear, but that's because I use hard weights in it instead of soft weights a lot of the time. (this minor issue is solved on the new model as they have redesigned the weight system).

They've changed the models design at least twice since I bought mine, but the basic design is mostly the same. Most of the changes are feature type changes. For the cost, it's a good BC for the money.

Some changes that I noticed it had since my model was the front pocket, double air dumps (either side) and the rear D-ring, which is nice for a crotch strap.

Hope that helps. post or PM if you've got more questions.

Do you know if the new TekX supports double tanks? I was looking at the old ones and I believe that they do. Thanks

Do you know if the new TekX supports double tanks? I was looking at the old ones and I believe that they do. Thanks

late reply as I didn't see your question a month ago..... but I don't know if it does.

MMDIVER works for Divers Supply and you can PM him and ask him. (I think it's MMDIVER).

However, I doubt the TekX is a good doubles platform compared to other solutions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom