Anyone dive a beer-can?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishpie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I've had this Viking knocking around for a year or two....actually it is my best "buy it now" eBay deal.
Amazingly the internal diaphragms are still intact....stiff but no holes....if I suck on the inlet it does flow air.
The hoses are shot as are the H-P mouthpiece mushrooms.
There's a slight ff when pressurized.

It would be fun to get this Norseman back underwater.
Does anyone know if there's any interchangeability with seats from USD?.....to be honest I don't even know if it is a single or two stage reg.

I know that the hoses and mushrooms are an easy fix...but if I end up splitting or crumbling the main diaphragm I don't think I'll ever find a replacement.

I know this reg has some unique features such as the ability to attach an alternate hose and a ring pull reserve but how does it breath compared to a Mistral or DAM?

Any advice welcome.

Followthis link to Vintage Double Hose. This is the download section of vintage double hose regulators and other vintage equipment. Look down along the alphabetical list for information on the Viking regulator. The pdf file Norseman Naval Manual has a lot of info about the Viking.

File Downloads

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom